Help needed with Malware.Trace and PUP.Optional infections

Dear CarlosTurco,

sorry for the late reply, but I ran a full scan. There are no more infections reported. I can't tell you how grateful I am for your help. I will purchase the pro version of Malwarebytes and hope that a combination with Avast and the infos in you linked post will help me to keep my machine clean in the future. I just have two final questions. Should I delete all software we downloaded and should I deactivitae Windows defender when I have Avast and Malwarebyte pro active?

Thanks again for your patience and help

leucorchestris

should I deactivitae Windows defender when I have Avast and Malwarebyte pro active?

Yes, you can leave off.

Should I delete all software we downloaded

The following procedure will remove the tools used. If anything remains, can delete manually.

To finish.

Download "Delfix by Xplode" and save it to your desktop.

Double Click to start the program. If you are using Vista or higher, please right-click and choose run as administrator

Make Sure the following items are checked:

• Activate UAC

• Remove disinfection tools

• Create registry backup

• Purge System Restore

• Reset system settings

Now click on "Run" and wait patiently until the tool has completed.

The tool will create a log when it has completed. We don't need you to post this.

Part of the routine will be to create a registry back up with ERUNT,  the back up will be created here:

C:\Windows\ERUNT

When all is known to be well with your system you can delete that back up folder unless you want to keep it....

Let me know if there are any remaining issues or concerns....

Read the following link to fully understand PC security and best practices, you may find it useful....

http://www.bleepingc...s/#entry2316629

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!