How to schedule update as soon as I turn on my computer?

I want Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to update as soon as I turn on my computer. Please tell me how to do it?

I understand Frequency and Starting on.

I don't understand how "Recover if missed by"  works?

For example:

Frequency daily

Starting on: Jan 02 2014  at 9 am

Recover if missed by 1 hour.

If I turn on the computer at 2 pm, when would it start to update?

Thank you.

Hello and :welcome: , luffy:

I assume you are running MBAM PRO, as only the PRO version features scheduled tasks (updates/scans)?

To schedule updates immediately after starting the system:

1. Open MBAM from your desktop shortcut >  click "Settings" tab.
  2. Click "Scheduler Settings" tab.
  3. Then:
    1. If you DON'T already have updates scheduled, click the "Add" button.
    2. If you DO already have updates scheduled, click the "Edit" button.
  4. Under "Frequency", click the arrow to open the drop-down menu.
  5. Select: "On reboot".
  6. Click the "Save" button.

Having said that, MBAM researchers update the database 10 or more times a day, to stay abreast of zero-day and zero-hour threats.

So, it would be be advisable to schedule your updates not daily, as you have described in your post, but rather HOURLY.

To do that, simply select "Hourly" from the drop-down menu in Step 5, above.

NOTE: Scheduled updates take place in a random window 15 minutes before and 15 minutes after the scheduled time.

If you want to update right after starting your system, you can do that manually very easily without waiting & with just 2 mouse clicks.

Simply right-click the MBAM system tray icon and select "Check for Updates" from the context menu.

It's possible that you can schedule both update tasks separately: "On Reboot" AND "Hourly".

But I'm not sure if that would cause instability or crashes if both tasks were to run at the same time -- we'll need to wait for staff to weigh in on that.

Many of us long-time users schedule hourly updates (with or without a flash scan) and a daily QUICK scan (Full scans are not routinely needed or recommended).

There is much more info about all of this >>HERE<< and there are helpful videos >>HERE<<.

Hope this helps,

daledoc1