[SOLVED] Firefox 26 & other programs failing to launch

asr878

same happened for me - blocked latest Chrome, Firefox and IE11 - but not Opera.

Unfortunately on rebooting today my Win 8.1 x64 just took a dive - 99% of services failing to start - disabled.

I have managed to restore to just before installing this version but I do have 0.9.1 running which I wish to remove but the unis000.dat is reported as missing - how do I manually remove this program (which I have to say was very stable - apart from the silverlight issue - compared to the latest - for me anyway - catastrophic version)

• Staff

You were running 0.9.1?? That was a pre-MBAE version of ExploitShield if I remember correctly.

Anyway we will fix this asap. In the meantime manual uninstall procedure is as follows:

1- Make sure mbae.exe is not running (or ExploitShield.exe in case of 0.9.1).

2- Open Start, Programs, Admin Tools, Task Scheduler as admin and delete the task "Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit" (or ExploitShield in the case of 0.9.1).

3- Reboot.

4- Delete C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (or \ZeroVulnerabilityLabs in the case of 0.9.1).

5- Delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and HKML\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ESProtectionDriver.

• 2 weeks later...

I too had the problem of browser(chrome, firefox & ie11) blockage with MBAE 0.09.3.1000 but the problem was solved after updating to MBAE 0.09.5.0250. Now everything is running normally and no issues are found for the past 7 days. thankyou.