[SOLVED] "Beta testing period has finished" dialog box

John L. Galt

I thought the deadline was tomorrow, or, actually, New Years, but unless their clocks are off, or the servers are located just west of the International Date Line *and* it was set to self destruct in 12/31/2013 instead of 1/1/2014, I suspect something is not right.

I originally thought it might have been some sort of DDoS on the domain prevent a check home or something....

but now the domain is working perfectly fine, but I'm still getting the error message, so I've abandoned that theory....

• Staff

Avast did put up 3 warnings while installing but I just excluded MBAE every time, seemed to work. Only glitch I see so far is that I checked box for desktop icon, when I click on icon it will not open MBAE, only way I can open is from icon on taskbar. 

The avast warnings are probably from their whitelisting (i.e. Hardened Mode) as this is a new version with new executable files. Can you please confirm? The traybar icon is a known issue.

• Staff

You're correct acme, we took it out of the installer so that out-of-date versions of Windows Defender would not have problems with it (Microsoft had a false positive with it which was long fixed).

I'll post a stickie with the mbae-test instructions and download.

Thanks for the reminder! :)

Welcome to the forum 0101, and again, sorry for the trouble. If you haven't done so yet, please upgrade to the latest version.

Done, running the new version, kind of worried about that issue, did you guys fixed? how many months we have now? Or does this program checks for a new version than auto blocks the older forcing to update?

• Staff

The current version that you just installed has an expiration date of March 31, 2014. We will release a new version before that date. Simply check back here regularly or subscribe to the forum posts so that you get notified when a new version is available.

Currently the beta does not auto-upgrade, but it is something we will build into the program for the 1.0 release.