Unregistering Malwarebytes Problem

Alright, so I am going to reinstall Windows 7 today. The problem is, when I was going to follow the instructions on how to unregister Malewarebytes, I read this:

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version

My local computer repair store set Malwarebytes Pro up for me after I bought it, and I don't have the email?

Will I be unable to unregister my product? What do I do? How do I know what email was set up with my Pro version?

Hello and :welcome: , hawky:

Actually "unregistering" the program will not be a problem.

You just need to follow the instructions for Method 3 in this pinned topic: MBAM Clean Removal Process

Running the removal tool and then rebooting the computer on the old OS install will remove all license data.

>>However, AFAIK, if you plan to reformat and reinstall Windows, the above step may not be strictly necessary, as reinstalling Windows will accomplish the same thing.

Activation of your MBAM PRO license ID/key after reinstallation is the crux of the matter.

I'm not sure how that works, if a computer shop installed MBAM PRO for you (IOW you didn't purchase it yourself & you don't have access to the license info).

I would think that the computer shop would/should have provided you with that information?

Until a member of the staff arrives to assist with this, you might want to check with the computer shop directly, to see if they can provide you with that information.

You'll need both the ID and the key.

Once you have that info, and you have reinstalled Windows and MBAM, you'll use that info to activate a fresh download of MBAM, as explained in the above link.

Hope this helps -- for starters,

daledoc1

I bought Malewarebytes from the shop and have the ID and Key here, I was just unsure if I would be emailed a new key, as the note on that thread said that I would recive an email and I wasn't the one that installed Malwarebytes. They were nice enough to do that for me.

But I think you pretty much cleared it up, if I reinstall windows I should just be able to put in the disk, along with the ID and the Key and have the Pro version.

Just want this clarified, thank you so much.

Hi:

Almost. :)

You won't want or need to use the CD to reinstall.
It likely contains an outdated version of the program.
Instead, you'll install from a fresh download of the program.
Then you'll use the ID & key to activate the PRO features.

More info here: How do I transfer a licensed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO to my new computer?

In this case, of course, the "new computer" is the new install of Windows on the same rig.

If you are offered a "Free Trial" of MBAM PRO during the install wizard, just un-tick/disable/decline that offer.

Once you have it installed, there will be a radio button in the GUI to "Activate" using your ID & key.

How to Activate the PRO Version

Hope this helps,

daledoc1