OK, antimalwarebytes is officially unable to detect ransomware!

HI, about an hour ago, I somehow contracted the ransomware virus. Since I was only on one site and only viewed one file, I knew its source. I used this usually wonderful proggie and it didn't detect it while 3 other software programs did. I decided to go back, even though I knew it was a gamble and picked up the virus again...ran Malwarebytes Antimalwarebytes and it didn't find any problems, while again the others did.

I just want to inform everyone that even though this at one time fantastic virus/trojan detection and removal program was able to accomplish this, it can no longer fulfill this need. I have a witness who stood behind me to verify this discovery and is willing to testify to any naysayers. I will continue to keep using this proggie bu can no longer rely on its usually attentive finding of such malware, RD

• Staff

Can u please submit the file to this forum so we can get it detected?

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=30

There are 100's of variants of ransomware a day plus multiple morphs per day. We do our best to keep up but there may be some lag sometimes between detection and morph. But no where near where an AV may be.

Also this is why a multi-layered approach works best. If we miss something maybe your AV may catch it and vice versa.