Can't restores files from quarantine

Hi

A couple days ago I ran a scan with MBAM which said that I had 8 Trojan.Dorkbot.ED which I left in the quarantine.

C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynZMetr.exe (Trojan.Dorkbot.ED) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\SwSetup\Drivers\Touchpad\WinWDF\x64\SynZMetr.exe (Trojan.Dorkbot.ED) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\SwSetup\Drivers\Touchpad\WinWDF\x86\SynZMetr.exe (Trojan.Dorkbot.ED) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\SwSetup\sp49522\WinWDF\x64\SynZMetr.exe (Trojan.Dorkbot.ED) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\SwSetup\sp49522\WinWDF\x86\SynZMetr.exe (Trojan.Dorkbot.ED) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\synpd.inf_amd64_neutral_70364bb2f0f827e0\synzmetr.exe (Trojan.Dorkbot.ED) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\synpd.inf_amd64_neutral_703ad70e03ca80ab\synzmetr.exe (Trojan.Dorkbot.ED) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\synpd.inf_amd64_neutral_c7be43ec68176fed\synzmetr.exe (Trojan.Dorkbot.ED) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

After finding out that it was a false positive I was able to restore 5 of the files.

However I was unable to restore these 3 files

c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\synpd.inf_amd64_neutral_70364bb2f0f827e0\synzmetr.exe

c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\synpd.inf_amd64_neutral_703ad70e03ca80ab\synzmetr.exe

c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\synpd.inf_amd64_neutral_c7be43ec68176fed\synzmetr.exe

I looked at this thread for a reference but it did not help me.

Is there anything I can do?

• Root Admin

We can do some work to restore them but it may be quicker and easier to reinstall the Synaptics drivers from the MFG website.

The issue is that the location of those files are protected by the TrustedInstaller account and cannot just be copied there.

Please do a file search in those locations and see if the files do exist or not and let me know.

What is the MFG and Model of the computer?

• Root Admin

You should be able to download and reinstall that driver.  In fact HP probably has a newer one already unless you've been keeping up with their updates.

Compaq Presario CQ62-225NR Notebook PC support

Synaptics TouchPad Driver

Synaptics TouchPad Driver - direct download

• Root Admin

I don't see any real issue with removing them but they're not causing any harm by being in the quarantine folder.   I would probably recommend just for peace of mind that you leave them there for a week or two and if all is working well and no issues then go ahead and remove them.

Thanks and Happy Holidays