can't download yahoo mail attachemnts

i really don't know if this has anything to do with my malwarbytes or not, but for some reason, i cxan no longer download attachments from my yahoo mail account. in ie, typically, after yahoo does virus screen through their norton, i get a popup saying "download file" after clicking that ,  i would get a popup prompt something like "open or save" and i could automatically open say the excel file.

i no longer get this window, and the file doesn't appear to save anywhere in my c: drive.

could malwarebytes be stopping the download ?   i have the pro version

i can still download the file normally from my computer at work, which has it's corporate virus protection.

thanks for any insights

Hi, mudbilly: :)

I doubt MBAM is blocking the downloads, especially if you are not getting an IP block popup notification from the system tray.
You don't mention what browser you are using, and what security programs are on the system or are installed in the browser....

Let's get some basic info about the system to see if the staff/experts can figure out what's going on.

Please follow the instructions below and post back with the following logs as attachments to your next reply:

• Checkresults.txt from mbam-check
  • A couple of protection logs, if you have them
  • DDS.txt from DDS
  • Attach.txt from DDS

These will provide the MBAM staff with a bit of information that will help them to pinpoint the cause and the solution for you.

Thanks!

daledoc1

-----------------------------

Step 1 -- Create an mbam-check log:

Download mbam-check.exe from HERE and save it to your desktop.
Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file.
Please attach to your next reply the CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop.

Then, if you can, please also upload your 3 most recent Protection module logs:

In Windows XP, these logs are located in: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs
In Windows Vista/7/8, these logs are located in: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Step 2 -- Run DDS and create 2 logs:

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save it to your Desktop:
dds.scr
dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.
How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once it is downloaded, you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.
Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool.
Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.
A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please attach both of the following logs to your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    --->You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

i don't get the blocked possibly malicious website message in my system tray because, (somehow i don't remember where i found that settiung at ) i turned off the message notificaion because i got tired of seeing it all the time.

i was running IE exclusively for a long time, trying Chrome every now and then. a little while ago, i started using foxfire becasue it seemed that IE was taking a long time to load, and i also started downloading torrents and foxfire was easily configired to not have the popups that are rampant on KAT.

Then i think i started messing with security settings and pop up blockers in IE , but am not sure if i did something, if a virus type ins infecting, or what.

the only security programs i know of on my computer is microsoft security essentials and malwarebytes.

I have a new desk top runiing windows 7 ( this computer is vista) and i don't get the "save or open file" window on that computer either , and cannot save the attachments from yahoo....( i bought another copy of malwarbytes for that computer also)

i thought that maybe it was an issue with yahoo, because it seemed kinda buggy lately, but i wa able to downlowd the file from my work computer.

any, thanks to anyone who can help woth this. the requested files are attached,  let me know if y'all want me to do/try anything else

attach.txt

CheckResults.txt

dds.txt

protection-log-2013-12-14.txt

protection-log-2013-12-12.txt

protection-log-2013-12-10.txt

LOL..   well, i use IE, Chrome, and Firefox...... what is left :)

just joking ,,,,,

it doesn't seem to be a browser issue either, i just created a gmail account, forwarded the yahoo email to it , and it opened perfedtly thru gmail ....

i've been a yahoo fan since al gore invented the internet,,,,,,,,,,,,, and is just keeps getting worse and worse..... i wouldn't even mind the ads so much, if they would load faster and the site didn't constantly tell me it was having problems...

the only reason i thought it might be an issue with malwarebytes is because web searche answers about the problem pointed toward security settings, and this is the only security i run...

LOL.................so th gmail account does not support IE9,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and vista will only support IE9,,,,,,

so it looks like IE is gone from my browser choice, cause i don't want to spend money on a upgrade to windows on the laptop,,,, i know it is old, but it works fine, except for when it doesn;t :(

In internet explorer, pull up the page you want in compatibility mode and then click on the broken page icon in the address bar, or click on Tools, then compatibility settings....

Compatibility View

Sometimes the website you’re visiting doesn't look right. It shows up as a jumble of out-of-place menus, images, and text boxes. What's going on? One possible explanation: The site might have been designed for an earlier version of Internet Explorer. If Internet Explorer recognizes that the webpage isn't compatible, you'll see the Compatibility View button on the Address bar. Try clicking it.

8f153c7e-2384-4922-95f6-ae9919063999_34. The Compatibility View button

In Compatibility View, websites will be displayed as if you were viewing them in a previous version of Internet Explorer, which will often correct display problems. You don’t need to click the button for a site after you’ve done it once—the next time you visit the site, Internet Explorer 9 will automatically show it in Compatibility View. (If you ever want to go back to browsing with Internet Explorer 9 on that site, just click the Compatibility View button again.)

To All Concerned:

Yahoo is having issues with their email system.   Many bug reports have been filed to try to get them fixed.    With all the New Program additions, Infinite Scroll ( and others ) accross all platforms has created problems for the Developers.

I can not comment on how long this may take.  Some bug reports have been fixed within hrs. Some (most) are still pending

As Stated, this in no way is related to the Malwarebytes Software

Joseph R Ray

MRT/IST/YACMT Admin