svc nobu

Hello, i uninstalled norton online backup that came installed with my laptop, and after it uninstalled i got a popup from avast saying a rootkit had been detected called svc nobu, so i deleted it using avast and ran a boot time scan, also i ran a full malwarebytes scan and nothing else shows up. My question is has anyone dealt with this rootkit before thanks in advance.

Hello and :welcome: , Jack87:

I do not find anything about this except an old, locked thread at another computer forum from 2012.

Without more detailed information, it would be hard to say...

I do see, however, that you appear to have an identical topic at the Avast! forum here: svc nobu ?

You might wish to wait for a response there, as to whether it could be a false positive detection by Avast!.

Alternatively, if you think you might be infected, I would suggest that you please follow the recommendations in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
A malware expert will help you look into this matter and will guide you through the scanning and cleanup process.

Thanks,

daledoc1

Hi, Jack87:

It looks as if a helper has replied to your topic in the Avast! forum >>HERE<<. :)

To avoid confusion, I would suggest that you please stay with your helper there in that topic.

(Working on the same problem simultaneously in 2 different venues creates havoc for everyone and consumes precious forum resources ;) .)

Cheers,

daledoc1