Cannot download iTunes to W7 64bit

I have tried about 8 times now to download it... I get to the point where I can have the option to save the file to desktop, I click save, and then nothing happens.  And the setup file is nowhere to be found.  It is frustrating.  I did some searching and it seems that this is a problem for a lot of people... at least as far as installing goes. 

I didn't find anyone who couldn't even download it.  I can't use IE because apparently there is some certificate issue so it won't show me the option to download.

Does anyone else use W764bit and successfully use iTunes? 

Help! :/

Edited by mountaintree16

There is one w7 64bit computer at work, no joy here either...

I wouldn't even care but, we have two iPods, a 2nd generation nano and an iPod touch, so, we kinda need it.

• Root Admin

I'm unable to download with Firefox or with IE

My guess is that they are probably either in the process of updating it or are possibly having technical difficulties and have not posted about it.

You appear to be able to obtain it from Filehippo though.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_itunes_64/

Thanks Ron!

iTunes from FileHippo is currently downloading at work (I am going to delete it of course) and when I have a chance at home, I am going to download it there!

I did come across another website with a download link, but, I did not want to just in case it was not reputable (it had tech in the url name) and I totally forgot about FileHippo.  Thank you so much again!

Hey Porthos, thanks!  I can't tell you how many times that has tripped me up :blush: .  The computer at work is all good with going to the place to download iTunes on IE, so I'll check my computer when I get home tonight :)  And it is downloading at work here... actually downloading, not pretending to download and then not actually download.

:D

But if the date and/or time is wrong, wouldn't that make everything all wonky?  Because that's what happened before when I had it wrong before, the antivirus was weird, I couldn't go online anywhere without warnings on webpages, etc.

• Root Admin

It's difficult to say for sure as different sites may or may not work depending on how they're coded. Many applications don't care about time but others do so the experience can be different for different computers. Not normal to get an certificate error though unless something really was wrong with the site certificate.

Very true Ron! :)  Thanks for the information.

So I can download from FileHippo on Firefox at work (don't know about home yet), NOT from apple.com on Firefox from work, on IE from apple.com at work, at home neither worked.  I brought one of my flash drives with me and saved the setup file just in case I can't get it at home, but I am going to double check date & time and try IE again, and if that doesn't work at home, FileHippo should be good to go! :)

Thanks Ron, I will, and I will report back here :)  It only happened on Apple so far, and just when I clicked on "download itunes" to bring me to the actual download page. :/

So I doubled-checked my settings and everything was fine... I did need to disable my Hosts file, though to be able to download iTunes.  I was able to on Internet Explorer only.  It downloaded and installed without a hitch after that...

:)

• 3 months later...

Well I am running into the same iTunes problem & the FileHippo isn't working now... :/  I click on download iTunes and it takes me to some download button that is NOT iTunes so I'll download it at work tomorrow.  Bummer.

Edit... it works on Firefox to download it... so doing that... maybe I should try things first before posting :P

Edited by mountaintree16

Very true Firefox! :)  That's how it works for me a lot of the time :)

David, I only went there because Ron had linked me to it before.  I saw what the link actually was after clicking on it initially and was not pleased.  Thought maybe I clicked on it on accident so tried again, nope same thing.  Thankfully the link worked on Firefox.  IE didn't like it for some reason.

Porthos, what is a Ninite installer?

Let me be perfectly clear...

The idea is to practice Safe Hex to keep from getting infected or to be foisted with crapware bundled with requested, intended, software.

This means..

*  If you want Apple iTunes, you go to Apple -- http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

*  If you want Avery Design Pro, you go to Avery Dennison -- http://www.avery.com/avery/en_US/Templates-%26-Software/Avery-DesignPro-for-PC.htm

*  If you want VideoLAN VLC Player, you go to VideoLAN -- http://www.videolan.org/index.html

Steer clear away from third parties who host other peoples software whenever possible.  They are NOT hosting the software for free.  There is a cost.  It could be confusing adds where you download something else or it could be the installer for the intended application but has been prepackaged with a wrapper or bundled, with some 3rd party software unaffiliated with your intended software.  Even if you download freeware that is reputable it may be bundled.  Use caution !

The Internet is a tough neighbourhood to navigate in.  You MUST use and exhibit Situational Awareness and act with extreme caution and use Critical Thought when obtaining any software that is offered as "free" or "shareware".

I will admit there may be times when the originating author or web site does not have the intended software or software version and one of these third party hosting sites may host what you want.  However please use Critical Thought, have Situational Awareness and show due caution on what you select to download and pay even closer attention to the Windows Dialogs as you install the software.

You don't walk into a street without looking both ways before you cross.  That's Situational Awareness. 

The Internet is a busy thoroughfare which you must navigate with caution.

In carpentry the expression is "Measure twice, cut once".

I want you all to think twice and proceed with deliberate caution so you don't end up with malware or that new classification;  PUP.Optional !