Infected with FBI MoneyPak Virus on Intel mac bootcamp windows

Can anyone help me with removing this virus from winxp running on an Intel iMac (mid 2007) bootcamp partition.  I can't load a boot option to use a usb flash drive with HitmanPro.  Any ideas would be appreciated before I have to re-install from an old backup.  I have a BartPE disk that will run, if this is any help.  I also have a windows installation disk.  Thanks.

Description of my virus attack:

I was locked out of my pc with a really scary ICE splash screen informing me I'm a criminal and wanting a payment of a fine for many possible fraudulent acts I had apparently indulged in. My research into this virus indicated it was a scam, however. I rest my case, in that regard.

I disconnected from the internet. I got logged on and pressed ctrl+alt+del and was lucky to be able to click on shut down (took a few tries) and my windows desktop became visible with a few windows showing errors for programs not closing, etc.

First thing I did was go to start and Run and ran msconfig. I went to the startup tab and unchecked a81ftr3. It was at the bottom of the list.

Then I proceeded to the control panel and added another administrator user account, logged out and switched to that new user account. I am up and running.

I've updated AntiMalwarebytes program and am doing a full scan.

My problem was not being able to boot from a cd other than my BartPE disk. I have Macrium Reflect on for backing up and restoring my win xp pro. I'm so low on disk space with my 32GB bootcamp partition that I turned off system restore since I had a backup. I was able to save some files when I was booted in mac from the bootcamp drive in case I had to restore from the backup.

I rarely use mac OS except to get online to find solutions to these sort of problems when my windows can't run.

The scan revealed 44 entries for removal, most optional. I have a log. I hope this helps somebody. Any more advice on how to proceed may be helpful..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!