suspect activities

jumbott

hi everyone.

intro

i am not english , i can understand english but i am from italy , i would like to say this first because i might happen to not understand certain terms if they are to much specific , so i'm sorry if ever happen to ask someone to repeat the question or the mean of the things they are saying.

i'm typing this message using my knowledge of english and i am not using a translator.

how did i find this forum

lately my computer begun to act a little strange , so i begun to search some answers on the net , the questions are , why is my graphic card heating up while my sistem is on idle ?

why does my cpu jump from 0% to 50% from time to time ..always when my system is on idle ?

regarding the first question i found this problem to be more common than i thought and many people says it can be a miner malware .

i kept searching for results about mining malwares and here i am , google found this forum for me.

wha's happening

when i leave my computer for some minutes i hear the GPU fan running like hell , if i check it's Temperature with GPU-Z or MSI afterburner or windows 7 gadget it goes up to almost 90°C.

plus i can see my CPU usage spiking  from 0% to 51% every 10-20 secs , always when computer is in idle state.

can you help me getting rid of this problem , or at least understand what is happening exactly ?

thanks for your patienceù

regards

jumbott

Hello and :welcome:

As for the temps, have you checked to make sure the cooling fans are clean and free of dust?

As for what's causing it to spike, maybe if you provide the logs below, we may get a better understanding of what's happening so we can help you....

POST DDS Logs

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool.

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
  • DDS.txt
  • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply "as an attachment": DDS.txt and Attach.txt

You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file

• Root Admin

I'm sorry but we cannot assist you.  This computer shows to be running an illegal copy of Windows.

Please contact Microsoft to see about obtaining a legal version.

This topic will now be closed due to evidence of cracked or pirated software on this system.

Piracy Policy