What to do?

Hello all and thank you in advance for any and all help.

After spending hours on this site looking at posts and replies, I think I may have a persistent problem...

I recognize many of the infection issues that other post are writing about (as they have happened to me) including the Zlob/Zblot (not sure what it is called), the FBI browser and computer locking virus to name two.

This time I am at a complete loss for what is going on.

A few weeks ago, when I turned my computer on, it would go to a black screen for a few minutes, then to my log on page; no Windows start up/loading page.

Lately, when I turn my computer on  the black scrren appears first then it goes to the black C:\Windows\Sstem32\cdm.exe box. I have no idea what to do with this screen, or even what it is for.

I have recentely reformatted my computer and am not sure, if infected, how I can be again.

I advance to posting this, well... post, I have tried to download and run all suggested programs and prepare the reports. But, most reports are unable to be saved to a txt file; something is disallowing it. Also, today, my MS Word program opened up with out my launching it and random characters appeared then disappeared on the word file. This bothers me as before, my security program reported that I had a "keylogger program" that was found to be associated with the computer.

Any help would be great. I am very non-computer knowlegdeable.

ps. I have also taken tons of screen shots of "suspicious activitey" pop ups for my computer, including a few nights ago when a prompt appeared to allow/block a remote connection.

thanks,

cMm

Hello caveMANmad and :welcome:! My name is Borislav and I will be glad to help you solve your malware problem.

Please note:

• If you are a paying customer, you have the privilege to contact the help desk at Consumer Support. If you choose this option to get help, please let me know.
  • I recommend you to keep the instructions I will be giving you so that they are available to you at any time. You can save them in a text file or print them.
  • Make sure you read all of the instructions and fixes thoroughly before continuing with them.
  • Follow my instructions strictly and don’t hesitate to stop and ask me if you have any questions.
  • Post your log files, don't attach them. Every log file should be copy/pasted in your next reply.
  • Do not perform any kind of scanning and fixing without my instructions. If you want to proceed on your own, please let me know.
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system.  You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Hello and thank you for your reply. I downloaded the program from a safe computer, but when I got home and started my computer...nothing. it just stays on the windows loading screen. I was able to srart I safe mode and ran the program but will have to post the results tomorrow as I am on my phone now.

Only on for a few minutes dso sorry for any spelling mistakes...

was able to start computer...

was instructed by a pop up to "attach any devices associated with this computer to start windows normailly"

I restarted and was able to log on (did not attach anything...

everything for my computer was wiped. I am down to bare bones from the day I reformatted (10/31/2013):

no windows 7 updates

no updates on my Comodo Internet security and anti virus

none of the secondary security programs I installed (HJT, Spybot...)

n o games that I play...

everything was wiped. I am logging off now and will only reply through a safe computer.

is it recommended I reformat again??

thanks

cMm

oh, all my user settings were turned off and services reset, etc..

Maniac,

I wanted to let you know that I was able to reformat and, for the most part, everything looks good. I am still having a problem however.

This time, before re-formating, I actually took the time to read about firewall settings and how to properly set up my computer before ever going online; and I think it helped.

But, I am still unable to run HJT as administator, and some of the programs I tryto run (like Spybot S&D) takes up to 10 minutes to load each screen.

Also, my Comodo firewall has blocked many, many, many attempts from an IP address in the Netherlands from accessing my computer--- I did learn how to close ports! And it seems they are trying to get through/open my Pop3 ports (I closed them).

I have competed all my Windows updates, my Comodo Internet security and AV updates, and my Malwarebytes updates.

Would you have any further suggestions?
thanks again!
cMm