Worried newbie

• Root Admin

No, no. The system should be okay. Combofix appears to have been able to remove the entries I listed for it to remove already.

The recovery CD's are not the same and are used for restoring the system, not booting to the Microsoft Recovery Console.

I would not worry about that.

How is the computer running now?

Are there still any signs of infection ?

Please update MBAM and post back a new log.

Update and Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Start MalwareBytes AntiMalware (Vista users must Right click and choose RunAs Admin)
  • Please DO NOT run MBAM in Safe Mode unless requested to, you MUST run it in normal Windows mode.
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Select the Update tab
    • Click Update

[*]When the update is complete, select the Scanner tab

[*]Select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.

[*]When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

[*]Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

[*]When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please copy and paste the log into your next reply

• If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

Then post back the MBAM log and a new Hijackthis log.

My computer has been running fine thanks. Trouble is, my long standing problem with Explorer.exe not responding at start up and the desktop not fully loading or the taskbar and no access to the start menu was always an intermittent problem, so I can't say whether I still have it or not yet. When it's fairly regular, it happens once a week/2 weeks but after SuperAntiSpyware removed Vundo from the registry, it didn't happen for over 3 months. The last time it happened was just over a week ago. Whether the symptoms were due to the infection anyway, I don't know. Time will tell.

Anyway, here's the new MBAM log with nothing detected, so that's a good sign:-

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.36

Database version: 1991

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

16/04/2009 22:51:09

mbam-log-2009-04-16 (22-51-09).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 79156

Time elapsed: 4 minute(s), 38 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

All the best and thanks again for your ongoing help.

• Root Admin

I will have to review this and get back with you tomorrow as I have other engagements tonight.

I would not expect an issue but as long as you have your data backed up then please run this in the meantime if you have time.

Please download and run this program: Dial-a-fix

dialafix.png

I can't run your latest scan instructions now as it's really late and I must get some sleep. Not only that but some time after I'd posted my log to you, I was looking up some medical info on the net and Norton blocked a virus!!! Couldn't believe it, just when you're helping me with one problem I get another!!! Sorry to undo all your good and hard work! I know you can't look at it now but if and when you have the time, I'd really appreciate your help again!

This is what Norton blocked:-

JS.Downloader

File name:-

C:\Documents and Settings\Flatau\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\v3m2f5bi\text_constants_en[1].js

Trojan.Fakeavalert

C:\Documents and Settings\Flatau\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4cyocgtp\22[1].htm

JS.Downloader

C:\Documents and Settings\Flatau\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\k0sn5jni\destrub[1].js

I did another MBAM quick scan and it didn't report any problems. I'll copy the log for you in a minute.

I also did a full system scan with SUPERAntiSpyware and it showed up the usual tracking cookies, plus this:-

Trace.Known Threat Sources

C:\Documents and Settings\Flatau\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\WOQYBMRI\virusremover2009[1].jpg

I don't know if you want me to post that log, as I don't know if you deal with SUPERAntiSpyware logs.

Here's the MBAM log:-

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.36

Database version: 1991

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

17/04/2009 01:46:06

mbam-log-2009-04-17 (01-46-06).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 83629

Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 17 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

• Root Admin

No it looks like Norton actually did it's job for once and stopped it.

I would recommend emptying your Internet Explorer cache.

Click on Tools/Internet Options/ and under Browsing history click on the Delete... button, then click the top button for Temporary Internet Files Delete files... and have it remove all of those files.

Then run the following to remove any old versions of Java which can help lead to getting infected if any older versions are on your system.

STEP 01

Please go into the Control Panel, Add/Remove and for now remove ALL versions of JAVA

Then run this tool to help cleanup any left over Java

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.

Please download JavaRa and unzip it to your desktop.

***Please close any instances of Internet Explorer (or other web browser) before continuing!***

• Double-click on JavaRa.exe to start the program.
  • From the drop-down menu, choose English and click on Select.
  • JavaRa will open; click on Remove Older Versions to remove the older versions of Java installed on your computer.
  • Click Yes when prompted. When JavaRa is done, a notice will appear that a logfile has been produced. Click OK.
  • A logfile will pop up. Please save it to a convenient location and post it back when you reply
    Then look for the following Java folders and if found delete them.
    C:\Program Files\Java
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Java
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sun\Java
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Java
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Sun\Java

STEP 02

Download and install CCleaner
  • CCleaner
  • Double-click on the downloaded file "ccsetup218.exe" and install the application.
  • Keep the default installation folder "C:\Program Files\CCleaner"
  • Uncheck "Add CCleaner Yahoo! Toolbar and use CCleaner from your browser"
  • Click finish when done and close ALL PROGRAMS
  • Start the CCleaner program.
  • Click on Registry and Uncheck Registry Integrity so that it does not run (basically the very top, uncheck it)
  • Click on Options - Advanced and Uncheck "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours"
  • Click back to Cleaner and under SYSTEM uncheck the Memory Dumps and Windows Log Files
  • Click on Run Cleaner button on the bottom right side of the program.
  • Click OK to any prompts

STEP 03

Download and Update Java Runtime

The most current version of Sun Java is: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 13.

• Go to http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
  • Go to Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 13 about half way down the page and click on the Download button.
  • In Platform box choose Windows.
  • Check the box to Accept License Agreement and click Continue.
  • Click on Windows Offline Installation, click on the link under it which says jre-6u13-windows-i586-p.exe and save the downloaded file to your desktop.
  • Install the new version by running the newly-downloaded file with the java icon which will be on your desktop, and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Uncheck the Toolbar button (unless you want the toolbar)
  • Reboot your computer

STEP 04

This will take quite a while to download and run so make sure you have the time and feel well enough to run it.

Once the download starts you can go lay down or relax for a while. Then come back and tell it to do the scan and turn in for the night and in the morning it should be ready with a log and hopefully you don't lose connection or have any other interruptions on the computer and you can then report back what it finds.

Run Kaspersky Online AV Scanner

Please go to Kaspersky website and perform an online antivirus scan.

• Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
  • It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
  • When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
  • Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:
      Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
      Archives
      Mail databases

[*]Click on My Computer under Scan and then put the kettle on!

[*]Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.

[*]You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....

[*]Save this report to a convenient place like your Desktop. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button.

[*]Copy and paste the report into your next reply along with a fresh HJT log and a description of how your PC is behaving.

Hi there

Thanks so much for helping me again.

I'll follow all the steps in the next few days hopefully.

One question though: The only Java I have when looking at Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel is Java 6 Update 13, which you say is the latest version. I removed all the old versions from there a while back when I was reading about Vundo and it said somewhere about removing all old versions of Java. Should I still follow all the Java instructions you've given me?

Thanks in advance.

• Root Admin

Well you can download Trend Micro Hijackthis from here:

http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/to...ools/hijackthis

http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/_d.../HJTInstall.exe

For more details you can use DDS

Download
DDS
and save it to your desktop

Disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click
dds.scr
to run the tool.

When done, the
DDS.txt
will open.

Click Yes at the next prompt for Optional Scan.
    When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:

1. DDS.txt
  2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply:
    DDS.txt
    and
    Attach.txt

Hi there

Thank you for taking my circumstances into account. I really appreciate it.

I managed to do the 2 scans just now, so here are the logs (yes, must get on top of my back-ups...still haven't done a recent one!):-

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 18:49:51, on 22/04/2009

Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16827)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe

C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Acer\eManager\anbmServ.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe

C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe

C:\Program Files\Kontiki\KService.exe

C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Engine\16.5.0.135\ccSvcHst.exe

C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\acer\epm\epm-dm.exe

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe

C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe

C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe

C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\LaunchApplication.exe

C:\Program Files\Arcade\PCMService.exe

C:\Program Files\Launch Manager\QtZgAcer.EXE

C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe

C:\Program Files\Kontiki\KHost.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe

C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead Photo Express 4.0 SE\CalCheck.exe

C:\Program Files\FinePixViewer\QuickDCF.exe

C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\soffice.exe

C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe

C:\Program Files\acer\eRecovery\Monitor.exe

C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\soffice.BIN

C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.everyclick.co.uk/

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaul...rch/search.html

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://global.acer.com/

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\YAHOO!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll

O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRA~1\YAHOO!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll

O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll

O2 - BHO: Symantec NCO BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Engine\16.5.0.135\coIEPlg.dll

O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Engine\16.5.0.135\IPSBHO.DLL

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.1.1309.3572\swg.dll

O2 - BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch - {C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_219B3E1547538286.dll

O2 - BHO: Java Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll

O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll

O2 - BHO: SingleInstance Class - {FDAD4DA1-61A2-4FD8-9C17-86F7AC245081} - C:\PROGRA~1\YAHOO!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\YTSingleInstance.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Norton Toolbar - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Engine\16.5.0.135\coIEPlg.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\YAHOO!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll

O3 - Toolbar: &Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [epm-dm] c:\acer\epm\epm-dm.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [synTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [synTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [speedTouch USB Diagnostics] "C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe" /icon

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [REGSHAVE] C:\Program Files\REGSHAVE\REGSHAVE.EXE /AUTORUN

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCSuiteTrayApplication] C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\LaunchApplication.exe -startup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Arcade\PCMService.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSPY2002] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe /SYNC

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LManager] C:\Program Files\Launch Manager\QtZgAcer.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LaunchApp] Alaunch

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eRecoveryService] C:\Windows\System32\Check.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ePowerManagement] C:\Acer\ePM\ePM.exe boot

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [4oD] "C:\Program Files\Kontiki\KHost.exe" -all

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'SYSTEM')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [Nokia.PCSync] C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\PcSync2.exe /NoDialog (User 'SYSTEM')

O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')

O4 - Startup: OpenOffice.org 2.4.lnk = C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\quickstart.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Ulead Photo Express 4.0 SE Calendar Checker .lnk = C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead Photo Express 4.0 SE\CalCheck.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE

O4 - Global Startup: Exif Launcher.lnk = ?

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O16 - DPF: {0742B9EF-8C83-41CA-BFBA-830A59E23533} (Microsoft Data Collection Control) - https://support.microsoft.com/OAS/ActiveX/MSDcode.cab

O16 - DPF: {108CAEAB-CCCC-4E95-BD61-5A9780802CDA} - http://www.cig.canon-europe.com/ph/en_GB/s...1_1_000203E.cab

O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll

O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} (Windows Live Safety Center Base Module) - http://cdn.scan.onecare.live.com/resource/...lscbase5483.cab

O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC...n/bin/cabsa.cab

O16 - DPF: {6A344D34-5231-452A-8A57-D064AC9B7862} (Symantec Download Manager) - https://webdl.symantec.com/activex/symdlmgr.cab

O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...b?1133487510875

O16 - DPF: {CF40ACC5-E1BB-4AFF-AC72-04C2F616BCA7} (get_atlcom Class) - http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/p...obat/nos/gp.cab

O16 - DPF: {D821DC4A-0814-435E-9820-661C543A4679} (CRLDownloadWrapper Class) - http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/crlupdate/en/crlocx.ocx

O18 - Protocol: symres - {AA1061FE-6C41-421F-9344-69640C9732AB} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Engine\16.5.0.135\coIEPlg.dll

O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll

O23 - Service: Notebook Manager Service (anbmService) - OSA Technologies Inc. - C:\Acer\eManager\anbmServ.exe

O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe

O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

O23 - Service: EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe

O23 - Service: getPlus® Helper - NOS Microsystems Ltd. - C:\Program Files\NOS\bin\getPlus_HelperSvc.exe

O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe

O23 - Service: KService - Kontiki Inc. - C:\Program Files\Kontiki\KService.exe

O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuComServer_3_4.EXE

O23 - Service: Norton Internet Security - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Engine\16.5.0.135\ccSvcHst.exe

O23 - Service: RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe

O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe

O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe

O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec RemoteAssist - Symantec, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Support Controls\ssrc.exe

--

End of file - 12832 bytes

DDS (Ver_09-03-16.01) - FAT32x86

Run by Flatau at 19:00:08.14 on 22/04/2009

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.1022.424 [GMT 1:00]

AV: Norton Internet Security *On-access scanning disabled* (Updated)

FW: Norton Internet Security *enabled*

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch

SVCHOST.EXE

C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k WudfServiceGroup

C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe

C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe

SVCHOST.EXE

SVCHOST.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

SVCHOST.EXE

C:\Acer\eManager\anbmServ.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe

C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe

C:\Program Files\Kontiki\KService.exe

C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\acer\epm\epm-dm.exe

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe

C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe

C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe

C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\LaunchApplication.exe

C:\Program Files\Arcade\PCMService.exe

C:\Program Files\Launch Manager\QtZgAcer.EXE

C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe

C:\Program Files\Kontiki\KHost.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe

C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead Photo Express 4.0 SE\CalCheck.exe

C:\Program Files\FinePixViewer\QuickDCF.exe

C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\soffice.exe

C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe

C:\Program Files\acer\eRecovery\Monitor.exe

C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\soffice.BIN

C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\Flatau\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\KDHZ2035\dds[1].scr

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uStart Page = hxxp://www.everyclick.co.uk/

uSearchMigratedDefaultURL = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q={searchTerms}&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8

mSearch Bar = hxxp://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sb/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com/ext/search/search.html

uInternet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = hxxp://global.acer.com/

uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local

uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://www.google.com/keyword/%s

uURLSearchHooks: Yahoo! Toolbar: {ef99bd32-c1fb-11d2-892f-0090271d4f88} - c:\progra~1\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn1\yt.dll

BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper: {02478d38-c3f9-4efb-9b51-7695eca05670} - c:\progra~1\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn1\yt.dll

BHO: Adobe PDF Link Helper: {18df081c-e8ad-4283-a596-fa578c2ebdc3} - c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\AcroIEHelperShim.dll

BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer: {3049c3e9-b461-4bc5-8870-4c09146192ca} - c:\program files\real\realplayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll

BHO: Symantec NCO BHO: {602adb0e-4aff-4217-8aa1-95dac4dfa408} - c:\program files\norton internet security\engine\16.5.0.135\coIEPlg.dll

BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention: {6d53ec84-6aae-4787-aeee-f4628f01010c} - c:\program files\norton internet security\engine\16.5.0.135\IPSBHO.DLL

BHO: {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - No File

BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper: {9030d464-4c02-4abf-8ecc-5164760863c6} - c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll

BHO: Google Toolbar Helper: {aa58ed58-01dd-4d91-8333-cf10577473f7} - c:\program files\google\google toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll

BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO: {af69de43-7d58-4638-b6fa-ce66b5ad205d} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbarnotifier\5.1.1309.3572\swg.dll

BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch: {c84d72fe-e17d-4195-bb24-76c02e2e7c4e} - c:\program files\google\google toolbar\component\fastsearch_219B3E1547538286.dll

BHO: Java Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {dbc80044-a445-435b-bc74-9c25c1c588a9} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll

BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class: {e7e6f031-17ce-4c07-bc86-eabfe594f69c} - c:\program files\java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll

BHO: SingleInstance Class: {fdad4da1-61a2-4fd8-9c17-86f7ac245081} - c:\progra~1\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn1\YTSingleInstance.dll

TB: Norton Toolbar: {7febefe3-6b19-4349-98d2-ffb09d4b49ca} - c:\program files\norton internet security\engine\16.5.0.135\coIEPlg.dll

TB: Yahoo! Toolbar: {ef99bd32-c1fb-11d2-892f-0090271d4f88} - c:\progra~1\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn1\yt.dll

TB: &Google Toolbar: {2318c2b1-4965-11d4-9b18-009027a5cd4f} - c:\program files\google\google toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll

TB: {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - No File

EB: {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - No File

uRun: [ctfmon.exe] c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe

uRun: [swg] c:\program files\google\googletoolbarnotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

mRun: [epm-dm] c:\acer\epm\epm-dm.exe

mRun: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "c:\program files\adobe\photoshop album starter edition\3.0\apps\apdproxy.exe"

mRun: [synTPLpr] c:\program files\synaptics\syntp\SynTPLpr.exe

mRun: [synTPEnh] c:\program files\synaptics\syntp\SynTPEnh.exe

mRun: [speedTouch USB Diagnostics] "c:\program files\thomson\speedtouch usb\Dragdiag.exe" /icon

mRun: [REGSHAVE] c:\program files\regshave\REGSHAVE.EXE /AUTORUN

mRun: [PHIME2002ASync] c:\windows\system32\ime\tintlgnt\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC

mRun: [PHIME2002A] c:\windows\system32\ime\tintlgnt\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName

mRun: [PCSuiteTrayApplication] c:\program files\nokia\nokia pc suite 6\LaunchApplication.exe -startup

mRun: [PCMService] "c:\program files\arcade\PCMService.exe"

mRun: [MSPY2002] c:\windows\system32\ime\pintlgnt\ImScInst.exe /SYNC

mRun: [LManager] c:\program files\launch manager\QtZgAcer.EXE

mRun: [LaunchApp] Alaunch

mRun: [iMJPMIG8.1] "c:\windows\ime\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32

mRun: [igfxTray] c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe

mRun: [HotKeysCmds] c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe

mRun: [eRecoveryService] c:\windows\system32\Check.exe

mRun: [ePowerManagement] c:\acer\epm\ePM.exe boot

mRun: [ATIPTA] c:\program files\ati technologies\ati control panel\atiptaxx.exe

mRun: [4oD] "c:\program files\kontiki\KHost.exe" -all

mRun: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "c:\program files\adobe\reader 9.0\reader\Reader_sl.exe"

mRun: [sunJavaUpdateSched] "c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"

mRun: [QuickTime Task] "c:\program files\quicktime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

mRun: [iTunesHelper] "c:\program files\itunes\iTunesHelper.exe"

dRun: [CTFMON.EXE] c:\windows\system32\CTFMON.EXE

dRun: [DWQueuedReporting] "c:\progra~1\common~1\micros~1\dw\dwtrig20.exe" -t

dRun: [Nokia.PCSync] c:\program files\nokia\nokia pc suite 6\PcSync2.exe /NoDialog

StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\flatau\startm~1\programs\startup\openof~1.lnk - c:\program files\openoffice.org 2.4\program\quickstart.exe

StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\uleadp~1.lnk - c:\program files\ulead systems\ulead photo express 4.0 se\CalCheck.exe

StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\micros~1.lnk - c:\program files\microsoft office\office\OSA9.EXE

StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\exifla~1.lnk - c:\program files\finepixviewer\QuickDCF.exe

IE: {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

IE: {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe

DPF: {0742B9EF-8C83-41CA-BFBA-830A59E23533} - hxxps://support.microsoft.com/OAS/ActiveX/MSDcode.cab

DPF: {108CAEAB-CCCC-4E95-BD61-5A9780802CDA} - hxxp://www.cig.canon-europe.com/ph/en_GB/st/download/ipd/cnipd01_1_000203E.cab

DPF: {166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000} - hxxp://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/director/sw.cab

DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} - hxxp://download.microsoft.com/download/3/9/8/398422c0-8d3e-40e1-a617-af65a72a0465/LegitCheckControl.cab

DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} - c:\program files\yahoo!\common\yinsthelper.dll

DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} - hxxp://cdn.scan.onecare.live.com/resource/download/scanner/wlscbase5483.cab

DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} - hxxp://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/common/bin/cabsa.cab

DPF: {6A344D34-5231-452A-8A57-D064AC9B7862} - hxxps://webdl.symantec.com/activex/symdlmgr.cab

DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} - hxxp://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1133487510875

DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_13-windows-i586.cab

DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0013-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_13-windows-i586.cab

DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_13-windows-i586.cab

DPF: {CF40ACC5-E1BB-4AFF-AC72-04C2F616BCA7} - hxxp://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/nos/gp.cab

DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} - hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab

DPF: {D821DC4A-0814-435E-9820-661C543A4679} - hxxp://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/crlupdate/en/crlocx.ocx

DPF: {DE22A7AB-A739-4C58-AD52-21F9CD6306B7} - hxxp://download.microsoft.com/download/7/E/6/7E6A8567-DFE4-4624-87C3-163549BE2704/clearadj.cab

Handler: symres - {AA1061FE-6C41-421f-9344-69640C9732AB} - c:\program files\norton internet security\engine\16.5.0.135\CoIEPlg.dll

Notify: !SASWinLogon - c:\program files\superantispyware\SASWINLO.dll

Notify: AtiExtEvent - Ati2evxx.dll

Notify: igfxcui - igfxsrvc.dll

SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - c:\windows\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll

SEH: Microsoft AntiMalware ShellExecuteHook: {091eb208-39dd-417d-a5dd-7e2c2d8fb9cb} - c:\progra~1\window~4\MpShHook.dll

SEH: SABShellExecuteHook Class: {5ae067d3-9afb-48e0-853a-ebb7f4a000da} - c:\program files\superantispyware\SASSEH.DLL

============= SERVICES / DRIVERS ===============

R0 SymEFA;Symantec Extended File Attributes;c:\windows\system32\drivers\nis\1005000.087\SymEFA.sys [2009-3-19 310320]

R1 BHDrvx86;Symantec Heuristics Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\nis\1005000.087\BHDrvx86.sys [2009-3-19 258608]

R1 ccHP;Symantec Hash Provider;c:\windows\system32\drivers\nis\1005000.087\cchpx86.sys [2009-3-19 482352]

R1 IDSxpx86;IDSxpx86;c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\norton\{0c55c096-0f1d-4f28-aaa2-85ef591126e7}\norton\definitions\ipsdefs\20090414.001\IDSXpx86.sys [2009-4-16 276344]

R1 SASDIFSV;SASDIFSV;c:\program files\superantispyware\SASDIFSV.SYS [2009-1-15 9968]

R1 SASKUTIL;SASKUTIL;c:\program files\superantispyware\SASKUTIL.SYS [2009-1-15 55024]

R2 EpmPsd;Acer EPM Power Scheme Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\epm-psd.sys [2005-11-10 4096]

R2 EpmShd;Acer EPM System Hardware Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\epm-shd.sys [2005-11-10 78208]

R2 Norton Internet Security;Norton Internet Security;c:\program files\norton internet security\engine\16.5.0.135\ccSvcHst.exe [2009-3-19 115560]

R2 osanbm;osanbm;c:\windows\system32\drivers\osanbm.sys [2005-1-14 4010]

R2 WinDefend;Windows Defender;c:\program files\windows defender\MsMpEng.exe [2006-11-3 13592]

R3 EraserUtilRebootDrv;EraserUtilRebootDrv;c:\program files\common files\symantec shared\eengine\EraserUtilRebootDrv.sys [2009-1-13 101936]

R3 NAVENG;NAVENG;c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\norton\{0c55c096-0f1d-4f28-aaa2-85ef591126e7}\norton\definitions\virusdefs\20090422.005\NAVENG.SYS [2009-4-22 89104]

R3 NAVEX15;NAVEX15;c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\norton\{0c55c096-0f1d-4f28-aaa2-85ef591126e7}\norton\definitions\virusdefs\20090422.005\NAVEX15.SYS [2009-4-22 876144]

S3 getPlus® Helper;getPlus® Helper;c:\program files\nos\bin\getPlus_HelperSvc.exe [2008-10-10 33752]

S3 SASENUM;SASENUM;c:\program files\superantispyware\SASENUM.SYS [2009-1-15 7408]

S3 ZSMC302;Cammaestro 4.2GU build 1104.72;c:\windows\system32\drivers\usbvm302.sys [2005-11-9 195263]

=============== Created Last 30 ================

2009-04-22 18:49 <DIR> --d----- c:\program files\Trend Micro

2009-04-16 22:37 15,504 a------- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys

2009-04-16 22:37 38,496 a------- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

2009-04-16 22:37 <DIR> --d----- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

2009-04-15 21:42 401,408 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\rpcss.dll

2009-04-15 21:42 284,160 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\pdh.dll

2009-04-15 21:42 473,600 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\fastprox.dll

2009-04-15 21:42 453,120 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\wmiprvsd.dll

2009-04-15 21:42 227,840 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\wmiprvse.exe

2009-04-15 21:42 110,592 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\services.exe

2009-04-15 21:42 729,088 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\lsasrv.dll

2009-04-15 21:42 714,752 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\ntdll.dll

2009-04-15 21:42 617,472 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\advapi32.dll

2009-04-15 21:34 2,560 -------- c:\windows\system32\xpsp4res.dll

2009-04-15 21:34 1,203,922 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\sysmain.sdb

2009-04-15 21:34 215,552 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\wordpad.exe

2009-04-14 21:49 161,792 a------- c:\windows\SWREG.exe

2009-04-14 21:49 98,816 a------- c:\windows\sed.exe

2009-04-14 17:26 <DIR> --d----- c:\program files\iPod

2009-04-14 17:26 <DIR> --d----- c:\program files\iTunes

2009-04-14 17:26 <DIR> --d----- c:\docume~1\alluse~1\applic~1\{8CD7F5AF-ECFA-4793-BF40-D8F42DBFF906}

2009-04-11 22:42 <DIR> --d--r-- c:\program files\Norton Support

2009-04-04 20:13 <DIR> --d----- c:\docume~1\flatau\applic~1\Malwarebytes

2009-04-04 20:13 <DIR> --d----- c:\docume~1\alluse~1\applic~1\Malwarebytes

2009-03-24 17:33 73,728 a------- c:\windows\system32\javacpl.cpl

==================== Find3M ====================

2009-03-21 15:06 989,696 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\kernel32.dll

2009-03-19 16:32 23,400 a------- c:\windows\system32\drivers\GEARAspiWDM.sys

2009-03-19 00:17 124,464 a------- c:\windows\system32\drivers\SYMEVENT.SYS

2009-03-19 00:17 60,808 a------- c:\windows\system32\S32EVNT1.DLL

2009-03-19 00:17 7,386 a------- c:\windows\system32\drivers\SYMEVENT.CAT

2009-03-19 00:17 805 a------- c:\windows\system32\drivers\SYMEVENT.INF

2009-03-12 09:03 36,400 a----r-- c:\windows\system32\drivers\SymIM.sys

2009-03-09 05:19 410,984 a------- c:\windows\system32\deploytk.dll

2009-03-06 15:22 284,160 a------- c:\windows\system32\pdh.dll

2009-03-03 01:18 826,368 a------- c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll

2009-03-03 01:18 826,368 a------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\wininet.dll

2009-02-28 05:54 636,072 a------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\iexplore.exe

2009-02-20 11:20 70,656 a------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\ie4uinit.exe

2009-02-20 11:20 13,824 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\ieudinit.exe

2009-02-20 06:14 161,792 a------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\ieakui.dll

2009-02-09 13:10 729,088 a------- c:\windows\system32\lsasrv.dll

2009-02-09 13:10 714,752 a------- c:\windows\system32\ntdll.dll

2009-02-09 13:10 617,472 a------- c:\windows\system32\advapi32.dll

2009-02-09 13:10 401,408 a------- c:\windows\system32\rpcss.dll

2009-02-09 11:13 1,846,784 a------- c:\windows\system32\win32k.sys

2009-02-09 11:13 1,846,784 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\win32k.sys

2009-02-07 19:02 2,066,048 a------- c:\windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe

2009-02-07 19:02 2,066,048 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\ntkrnlpa.exe

2009-02-06 12:11 110,592 a------- c:\windows\system32\services.exe

2009-02-06 12:08 2,189,056 a------- c:\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

2009-02-06 12:08 2,189,056 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\ntoskrnl.exe

2009-02-06 12:06 2,145,280 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\ntkrnlmp.exe

2009-02-06 11:39 35,328 a------- c:\windows\system32\sc.exe

2009-02-06 11:39 35,328 a------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\sc.exe

2009-02-06 11:32 2,023,936 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\ntkrpamp.exe

2009-02-03 20:59 56,832 a------- c:\windows\system32\secur32.dll

2009-02-03 20:59 56,832 -------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\secur32.dll

2008-08-21 20:18 133,227,519 a------- c:\program files\OOo_2.4.1_Win32Intel_install_wJRE_en-US.exe

2008-05-29 21:56 37,375 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-xsltfilter.cab

2008-05-29 21:56 2,490,452 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-writer.cab

2008-05-29 21:56 207,388 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-testtool.cab

2008-05-29 21:56 2,504,975 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-pyuno.cab

2008-05-29 21:55 51,973 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-onlineupdate.cab

2008-05-29 21:55 1,090,334 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-math.cab

2008-05-29 21:55 118,910 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-javafilter.cab

2008-05-29 21:55 1,254,017 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-impress.cab

2008-05-29 21:55 919,329 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-draw.cab

2008-05-29 21:55 86,870 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-graphicfilter.cab

2008-05-29 21:55 2,769 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-emailmerge.cab

2008-05-29 21:55 2,031,954 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-core09.cab

2008-05-29 21:55 293,078 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-core08.cab

2008-05-29 21:55 3,842,531 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-core07.cab

2008-05-29 21:54 28,847,705 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-core06.cab

2008-05-29 21:50 18,634,513 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-core05.cab

2008-05-29 21:49 16,503,595 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-core04.cab

2008-05-29 21:48 9,117,929 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-core03.cab

2008-05-29 21:48 3,860,980 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-core02.cab

2008-05-29 21:47 15,104,219 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-core01.cab

2008-05-29 21:47 4,694,039 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-calc.cab

2008-05-29 21:47 1,803,630 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-base.cab

2008-05-29 21:46 43,005 a------- c:\program files\openoffice.org-activex.cab

2008-08-19 02:32 32,768 a--sh--- c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\local settings\history\history.ie5\mshist012008081920080820\index.dat

============= FINISH: 19:00:24.82 ===============

UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED, DO NOT POST THIS LOG.

IF REQUESTED, ZIP IT UP & ATTACH IT

DDS (Ver_09-03-16.01)

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume2

Install Date: 10/11/2005 07:45:31

System Uptime: 22/04/2009 16:27:02 (3 hours ago)

Motherboard: Acer, Inc. | | Crane II

Processor: Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.73GHz | U1 | 1728/533mhz

==== Disk Partitions =========================

C: is FIXED (FAT32) - 36 GiB total, 10.39 GiB free.

D: is FIXED (FAT32) - 36 GiB total, 27.153 GiB free.

E: is CDROM ()

==== Disabled Device Manager Items =============

Class GUID: {4D36E977-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Description: Intel PCIC compatible PCMCIA controller

Device ID: ROOT\PCMCIA\0000

Manufacturer: Intel

Name: Intel PCIC compatible PCMCIA controller

PNP Device ID: ROOT\PCMCIA\0000

Service: pcmcia

Class GUID: {EEC5AD98-8080-425F-922A-DABF3DE3F69A}

Description: Nokia 7373

Device ID: ROOT\WPD\0000

Manufacturer: Nokia

Name: Nokia 7373

PNP Device ID: ROOT\WPD\0000

Service: WUDFRd

==== System Restore Points ===================

RP21: 17/02/2009 16:51:42 - Printer Driver Microsoft XPS Document Writer Installed

RP22: 17/02/2009 16:56:17 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP23: 18/02/2009 20:02:29 - System Checkpoint

RP24: 20/02/2009 04:04:50 - System Checkpoint

RP25: 20/02/2009 22:51:59 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP26: 22/02/2009 18:10:09 - System Checkpoint

RP27: 23/02/2009 15:27:56 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP28: 24/02/2009 17:13:06 - System Checkpoint

RP29: 25/02/2009 18:09:36 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP30: 26/02/2009 21:58:54 - System Checkpoint

RP31: 27/02/2009 17:57:22 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP32: 28/02/2009 18:11:11 - System Checkpoint

RP33: 02/03/2009 04:55:35 - System Checkpoint

RP34: 02/03/2009 17:52:42 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP35: 03/03/2009 20:52:50 - System Checkpoint

RP36: 05/03/2009 03:42:42 - System Checkpoint

RP37: 05/03/2009 19:44:17 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP38: 05/03/2009 19:54:28 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP39: 06/03/2009 22:25:40 - System Checkpoint

RP40: 08/03/2009 02:24:47 - System Checkpoint

RP41: 09/03/2009 04:11:47 - System Checkpoint

RP42: 09/03/2009 16:10:08 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP43: 09/03/2009 22:55:50 - Windows Defender Checkpoint

RP44: 10/03/2009 16:20:55 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP45: 11/03/2009 17:13:39 - System Checkpoint

RP46: 12/03/2009 03:00:15 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP47: 12/03/2009 19:00:17 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP48: 14/03/2009 18:10:32 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP49: 15/03/2009 20:46:39 - System Checkpoint

RP50: 16/03/2009 19:00:22 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP51: 17/03/2009 20:36:50 - System Checkpoint

RP52: 19/03/2009 00:59:00 - System Checkpoint

RP53: 19/03/2009 19:00:58 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP54: 21/03/2009 03:45:32 - System Checkpoint

RP55: 22/03/2009 22:40:36 - System Checkpoint

RP56: 23/03/2009 17:02:51 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP57: 24/03/2009 17:32:25 - Removed Java 6 Update 11

RP58: 24/03/2009 17:32:59 - Installed Java 6 Update 12

RP59: 25/03/2009 17:54:42 - System Checkpoint

RP60: 26/03/2009 16:43:17 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP61: 27/03/2009 20:01:52 - System Checkpoint

RP62: 28/03/2009 20:10:13 - System Checkpoint

RP63: 30/03/2009 19:00:21 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP64: 31/03/2009 16:45:19 - Installed Java 6 Update 13

RP65: 01/04/2009 21:11:51 - System Checkpoint

RP66: 02/04/2009 17:23:11 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP67: 03/04/2009 20:36:16 - System Checkpoint

RP68: 05/04/2009 18:44:05 - System Checkpoint

RP69: 06/04/2009 19:00:10 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP70: 07/04/2009 19:27:54 - System Checkpoint

RP71: 10/04/2009 17:57:59 - System Checkpoint

RP72: 12/04/2009 17:51:32 - System Checkpoint

RP73: 13/04/2009 19:00:36 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP74: 14/04/2009 19:59:14 - System Checkpoint

RP75: 14/04/2009 21:50:25 - ComboFix created restore point

RP76: 15/04/2009 23:01:13 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP77: 17/04/2009 05:07:21 - System Checkpoint

RP78: 18/04/2009 16:39:15 - System Checkpoint

RP79: 19/04/2009 23:28:24 - System Checkpoint

RP80: 20/04/2009 19:00:23 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

RP81: 22/04/2009 02:18:11 - System Checkpoint

==== Installed Programs ======================

4oD

ACDSee 32

Acer eManager for Notebook

Acer eNetManagement

Acer ePowerManagement

Acer GridVista

Acrobat.com

Adobe AIR

Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX

Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin

Adobe Reader 9.1

Adobe Shockwave Player

Adobe

• Root Admin

Well as far as Malware is concerned I don't see anything in the logs to indicate an infection.

You should be able to do some cleanup though and then make sure all your security software is up to date.

Please run the following to remove any tools that might have been used during the scaning and cleaning of your system.

STEP A

Uninstall ComboFix.exe

• Click
    START
    then
    RUN
  • Now type
    Combofix /u
    (if you renamed Combofix.exe use that name instead)
    in the runbox and click OK. Note the
    space
    between the
    X
    and the
    /U
    , it needs to be there.

• CF_Cleanup.png

• When shown the disclaimer, Select "2"

Remove this folder C:\QooBox if the uninstall instructions don't work and delete Combofix.exe AND check your system time and reset if needed

STEP B

Uninstall GMER

Click on
START - RUN
and type in or copy/paste
%windir%\gmer_uninstall.cmd
to remove GMER.

STEP C

Uninstall other tools

Please
Download
OTMoveIt3
by Old Timer
and save it to your
Desktop
  • Double-click
    OTMoveIt3.exe
    to run it.
  • While connected to the Internet, Click on the green
    CleanUp!
    button and it will populate a list of items to clean from your system that we used or may have used.

• It should ask if you want to clean up, select Yes and allow the system to clean up these items.

NOW
    please reboot your computer to finish the cleanup process

Then empty the quarantine from MBAM if there are any files or entries in there.

Then empty the quarantine from your Symantec Internet Security software.

Then let's clear out the System Restore Points except the most current one.

Remove all but the most recent Restore Point on Windows XP

You should
Create a New Restore Point
to prevent possible reinfection from an old one.

Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore.

Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point.

Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to
"roll-back"
to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is

:
  • Go to
    Start
    >
    Programs
    >
    Accessories
    >
    System Tools
    and click "
    System Restore
    ".
  • If the shortcut is missing you can also click on
    START
    >
    RUN
    > and type in
    %SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe
    and click OK

• Choose the radio button marked "
    Create a Restore Point
    " on the first screen then click "
    Next
    ".

• Give the new Restore Point a name, then click "
    Create
    ".

• The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.

• Then use the
    Disk Cleanup
    to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
  • Go to
    Start
    >
    Run
    and type:
    Cleanmgr.exe

• Select the drive where Windows is installed and click "
    Ok
    ". Disk Cleanup will scan your files for several minutes, then open.

• Click the "
    More Options
    " tab, then click the "
    Clean up
    " button under System Restore.

• Click Ok. You will be prompted with "
    Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point?
    "

• Click
    Yes
    , then click Ok.

• Click
    Yes
    again when prompted with "
    Are you sure you want to perform these actions?
    "

• Disk Cleanup will remove the files and close automatically.

• On the
    Disk Cleanup
    tab, if the
    System Restore: Obsolete Data Stores
    entry is available remove them also.

• These are files that were created before Windows was reformatted or reinstalled. They are obsolete and you can delete them.

selectdrivecleanup.pngselectdrivecleanup1.png

Additional information

Microsoft KB article: How to turn off and turn on System Restore in Windows XP

Bert Kinney's site: All about Windows System Restore

Then make sure your Anti-Virus is up to date and let me know how the computer is running now and if there are any other signs of an infection.

On another note I notice in the Event Log that your CD / DVD Burner may not be working correctly anymore and may have been damaged from Malware or by an invalid entry by some other CD burning application. We don't really support that kind of repair here in this forum but I'll leave you with some information to help assist you in looking at it further.

Hi there

Just popping in after following instructions for uninstalling Combofix.exe. It didn't happen as per instructions. A window came up saying something like Norton was enabled and could cause problems for scan or damage to computer and to disable Norton and then click OK to proceed. So, I disconnected from the internet and disabled Norton. Then I clicked on OK and a little window came up saying Combofix.exe is uninstalled. So, there was no disclaimer that came up and therefore, I coudn't select "2". So, do you think it is fully uninstalled even though it didn't happen as per instructions?

Thanks very much for pointing out the suspected CD/DVD burner problem. I hardly ever use it, so wouldn't be aware of any problems with it. Thanks very much for the links as well, so that I can look into it. I opened Event Log to see if the error had been there on previous days and couldn't see it anywhere. I shall have a look again over the next few days to see if the error is showing up again.

Right, I'll go and follow Step B now of your instructions...

I just did a search for C:\QooBox and it came up with no results, so I presume it's gone from my system. Sorry to be thick but I don't understand what you said next about files and folders being back to their default hidden state? Clock is fine.

I followed Step B but Windows couldn't find %windir%\gmer_uninstall.cmd. So, I guess I didn't have that file on my system?

Then Step C: I clicked on Cleanup! and the list of items all said not found, except for one at the bottom (stupidly, I didn't copy down the file name), which said couldn't delete file or something like that. Then it asked to reboot, so I said ok and system rebooted. Should I run it again, to see what that file was that couldn't be deleted?

I noticed you'd gone off online, so I decided myself to run OTMoveIt3 again. It was fine, as the files at the bottom of the list that said "not deleted", were the OTMoveIt3 files on the desktop and it said they'd be deleted on reboot.

I'm going to follow the rest of your steps now...

All done.

Again, I won't know if my original problem is fixed yet (the explorer.exe/startup issue), as it's always been intermittent and I don't know if it was due to my infected system or not. Do you think it was? Anyway, I'm glad my system is now clean and really hope it has fixed that problem, as it's really irritating when it happens. Thanks so much for all your help. You've been great and very patient!

Oh yes, a couple of other niggles I've had and don't know if they're due to the past infection: When a program stops responding and I've tried to end it with Task Manager, it takes ages for it to end. It used to end programs straight away when I used it. I think that's been happening ever since I downloaded service pack 3, just like the exlorer.exe/startup issue.

The other one is a niggle with Favourites in Internet Explorer. Again, I think since I downloaded service pack 3. It used to open immediately when I clicked on Favourites but now there is a long pause before it opens. I disabled some toolbars and that made it open quicker but still not immediately.

Probably, neither of those are due to infection but I just thought I'd mention them.

Oh yes, one last thing! I know you said you don't deal with the errors you saw in my Event Log (to do with my CD/DVD burner) but can I ask, if the error doesn't show up over the next few days in Event Viewer, would that mean the CD/DVD burner was ok after all?

Thanks in advance.

• Root Admin

Yes all seems okay now. The program Combofix actually resets your time while it does it's work. Either some step we finished up on put it back, or perhaps it was unable to change it originally, none the less its okay now.

Try burning a CD or DVD of anything and verify if it works for you or not would probably be the best test. If you do have problems then yes the PC Help forum would be the place to post for that.

For speed it could be a few things so I'll give you a couple of pre-written topics to read. You don't have to do all of them, they're their to learn and possibly help. If you don't think they apply to you or you have other software doing the task then don't use them. You can post in PC Help and others can assist in answering generic questions like that.

Basically the older and longer it is since Windows was first installed the slower the system will get in time even if you're never hit by Malware. It's just a fact of life on a computer.

Now I don't use the computer like a lot of users do so your mileage may vary. I don't have ANY toolbars installed, I only have the a few Browser Helper Objects. Windows Update, Java, and MSN Downloader

My recommendation is to remove any and all toolbars and BHO from the system. Then click on Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and then click on RESET

Any BHO that you really need will prompt you to download again and only takes a few seconds to install.

Click on Tools/Internet Options/General then click on the Browsing History area button named Settings then click on View Objects. From there you can see those that are installed and you can right click on them to Update/Remove or check the properties. I would remove all and start fresh myself, but again that's me.

Run a disk check and then a disk defrag.

I'll now leave you with the following information to read as you have time, but again you don't have to install or use everything, only what you think you may really need or may help you, and if you have further questions not related to actual Malware then please feel free to start a new post in the PC Help forum.

Take care and stay safe out there and may God bless you and I hope all works out well for you.

Great, all looks good now.

I'll close your post soon so that other don't post into it and leave you with this information and suggestions.

So how did I get infected in the first place?

At this time your system appears to be clean. Nothing else in the logs indicates that you are still infected.

Now that you appear to be clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:

Remove all but the most recent Restore Point on Windows XP

You should
Create a New Restore Point
to prevent possible reinfection from an old one.

Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore.

Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point.

Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to
"roll-back"
to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is

:
  • Go to
    Start
    >
    Programs
    >
    Accessories
    >
    System Tools
    and click "
    System Restore
    ".
  • If the shortcut is missing you can also click on
    START
    >
    RUN
    > and type in
    %SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe
    and click OK

• Choose the radio button marked "
    Create a Restore Point
    " on the first screen then click "
    Next
    ".

• Give the new Restore Point a name, then click "
    Create
    ".

• The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.

• Then use the
    Disk Cleanup
    to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
  • Go to
    Start
    >
    Run
    and type:
    Cleanmgr.exe

• Select the drive where Windows is installed and click "
    Ok
    ". Disk Cleanup will scan your files for several minutes, then open.

• Click the "
    More Options
    " tab, then click the "
    Clean up
    " button under System Restore.

• Click Ok. You will be prompted with "
    Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point?
    "

• Click
    Yes
    , then click Ok.

• Click
    Yes
    again when prompted with "
    Are you sure you want to perform these actions?
    "

• Disk Cleanup will remove the files and close automatically.

• On the
    Disk Cleanup
    tab, if the
    System Restore: Obsolete Data Stores
    entry is available remove them also.

• These are files that were created before Windows was reformatted or reinstalled. They are obsolete and you can delete them.

selectdrivecleanup.pngselectdrivecleanup1.png

Additional information

Microsoft KB article: How to turn off and turn on System Restore in Windows XP

Bert Kinney's site: All about Windows System Restore

Here are some free programs I recommend that could help you improve your computer's security.

Install SpyWare Blaster

Download it from here

Find here the tutorial on how to use Spyware Blaster here

Install WinPatrol

Download it from here

Here you can find information about how WinPatrol works here

Install FireTrust SiteHound

You can find information and download it from here

Install hpHosts

Download it from here

hpHosts is a community managed and maintained hosts file that allows an additional layer of protection against access to ad,

tracking and malicious websites. This prevents your computer from connecting to these untrusted sites

by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your own local computer.

hpHosts Support Forum

Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system.

You can use one of these sites to check if any updates are needed for your pc.

Secunia Software Inspector

F-secure Health Check

Visit Microsoft often to get the latest updates for your computer.

http://www.update.microsoft.com

Note 1: If you are running Windows XP SP2, you should upgrade to SP3.

Note 2: Users of Norton Internet Security 2008 should uninstall the software before they install Service Pack 3.

The security suite can then be reinstalled afterwards.

The windows firewall is not sufficient to protect your system. It doesn't monitor outgoing traffic and this is a must.

I recommend Online Armor Free

A little outdated but good reading on how to prevent Malware

Keep safe online and happy surfing.

Since this issue is resolved I will close the thread to prevent others from posting into it. If you need assistance please start your own topic and someone will be happy to assist you.

The fixes and advice in this thread are for this machine only. Do not apply to your machine unless you Fully Understand how these programs work and what you're doing. Please start a thread of your own and someone will be happy to help you, just follow the Pre-Hijackthis instructions found here before posting Pre- HJT Post Instructions

Also don't forget that we offer FREE assistance with General PC questions and repair here PC Help

If you're pleased with the product Malwarebytes and the service provided you, please let your friends, family, and co-workers know. http://www.malwarebytes.org

Computer and browser slowness are not always malware related

Poor performance and other problems can be the result of disk fragmentation, disk errors, corrupt system files, too many startup programs, unnecessary services running, not enough RAM, dirty hardware, etc. As your system gets older it becomes filled with more files/programs and has a natural tendency to slow down so cleaning and regular maintenance is essential.

Listed below are a few things you can do to improve speed and system performance. Many of the these suggestions will apply if you're using Windows Vista but may be done a bit differently. Near the bottom of this thread there is a section specifically devoted to Vista Users.

For browser problems, see:

If your having connectivity issues or errors such as Page cannot be displayed see

If you're using Vista or Internet Explorer 7, see

If you have a lot of toolbars and add-ons attached to Internet Explorer, you could try improving performance by disabling those which are unecessary. See:

I will try burning a CD/DVD and see what happens as you suggest. It's great to know there is a PC Help forum here too. My first computer was a Mac and I learned everything I needed to know about it on a Mac forum. Wouldn't have known a thing without them! Now, thanks to you, I know I have a great Windows forum to help me and learn from.

Thank you for your final post and all the advice and links it contains. I'm sure I will learn loads from it and help my computer to run more smoothly and safely.

Thanks so much for all your help. As I said, you've been so patient and I'm really grateful for that and for all your advice and, of course, for helping me to rid my system of Malware and clean it all up.

You take care too and I wish you all the very best.