A lame question

Weyoun

Hi all,

I have a question, one that is probably quite lame and to be blunt, dumb of me, but I wanted to ask anyway. I saw a video telling how to make a script using notepad to make it look like the computer isn't working, when you click on something you can create a custom error message to show up. I want to do it on my own computer just for fun (not on anyone else's) but I want to make sure that if I do write this script that it won't actually create a real piece of malware that will send information or spyware, etc. I'll post the video using the media code at the bottom. Can someone verify that the script is harmless? I don't know much about programming so I don't really have any idea.

Thanks.

Weyoun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nhazpv41Pc

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the response. I wasn't going to do it on anyone else's computer, only mine, I don't like pranking other people like that, I just wanted to do it to myself. My dad always taught me not to play jokes on people, so I don't.

Weyoun

Weyoun?

Weyoun_hologram2.jpg

Anyway, I once used the Sysinternals Blue Screen Screensaver to simulate a BSoD on startup for someone, just to mess with them. I sent them the file (renamed of course), told them to save it in their Windows folder, and gave them a .REG that created a startup entry for the screensaver when they imported it into the registry. At the time, I thought it was hilarious. Didn't cause any actual problems with the computer, but made them think that it was broken.

Yes, that Weyoun! I used to have this as my profile picture:  http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e2/Weyoun.jpg but then I changed it. I'm thinking about changing my profile picture to Shran from Enterprise, since it is the same actor and Shran is just about my favorite character. Regarding the original topic, I only used the code on my own computer and replaced my Internet Explorer icon with it, and had the box set to say "Shouldn't you be doing your schoolwork?" :lol: whenever I opened it.