program_error_load_database

Trying to install mbam on a fresh copy of Windows 7, and I'm running into a few issues. Mbam installs fine, though when its updating, the update sometimes shows a successful update, but often doesn't. Either way, it immediately loops back to stating the database is corrupt. If I choose not to update, I'm greeted with one of two errors:

program_error_load_database (0, 2, createsdk)

program_error_load_database (0, 1812, createsdk)

So far I've tried reinstalling (with the clean uninstall) and killing windows firewall to no avail.

• Root Admin

What antivirus is running on the system?

Please temporarily disable your antivirus and run the following and post back both logs.

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop
dds.scr
dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.
How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.
Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool.
Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.
A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply as an attachment: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
  • You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file and just post it or attach it.

• Root Admin

Well it looks like the hard disk or controller are having issues reading and writing data correctly.

==== Event Viewer Messages From Past Week ========.11/8/2013 7:24:58 PM, Error: Ntfs [55]  - The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume \Device\HarddiskVolume3.11/8/2013 7:24:04 PM, Error: Ntfs [55]  - The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume A:.11/8/2013 7:22:04 PM, Error: Ntfs [55]  - The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume Data.11/8/2013 6:08:23 PM, Error: atapi [11]  - The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort0.11/8/2013 3:20:49 PM, Error: Ntfs [55]  - The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume C:.11/8/2013 3:14:46 PM, Error: HidBth [4]  - Initial connection to Bluetooth HID device (00:1f:20:35:c0:8d) failed.  The device has been removed as a personal or paired device.  You must reinstall the device.11/7/2013 7:04:32 AM, Error: Service Control Manager [7023]  - The Intel(R) Content Protection HECI Service service terminated with the following error:  %%-214702463711/7/2013 11:58:43 PM, Error: volsnap [36]  - The shadow copies of volume C: were aborted because the shadow copy storage could not grow due to a user imposed limit.11/6/2013 1:59:00 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7000]  - The Google Update Service (gupdate) service failed to start due to the following error:  The system cannot find the file specified.11/6/2013 1:45:42 PM, Error: Service Control Manager [7023]  - The WinDefend service terminated with the following error:  The specified module could not be found.11/6/2013 1:18:37 PM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting [1001]  - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0xc000021a (0xfffff8a0004f69c0, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffffffc0000001, 0x0000000000100448). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 110613-3744-01..==== End Of File ===========================

Please run a Full Disk Check on your system drive.  If needed here are some links on how to run a Disk Check.

On Windows 7 the disk check log is in the Event Logs under Application with a heading source of  Wininit

How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7

How to Read the Event Viewer Log for Check Disk (chkdsk) in Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8

From an elevated admin command prompt it's simply:  CHKDSK C: /R

Then reboot and let it run.

Then post back the Event Log entry for what it found and repaired.

• Root Admin

I don't know but that's looking like you may have some driver or controller issue going on.  Try shutting down the computer for a couple minutes.

Then run the same CHKDSK C: /R command again from an Elevated Admin prompt and reboot.

Then see if the new Event Log entry show anymore fixes going on or not.  Also look for any other yellow or red event log entries that can possibly indicate what might be going on.

I ended up becoming irritated and just formatting the drive again. Surprisingly, still the same issue. So clearly it would be a hardware, right? What really blows my mind, is that when rules.ref and other files are copied over, it still gives an update loop, immediately deleting the rules.ref file upon starting. And its the only program having any issue. Avast is content with the drive, Windows is, everything is nice and speedy. Its running perfectly other than MBAM throwing me those two errors in an update loop.