Malwarebytes Pro will not wake my PC after upgrade to Windows 8.1

My PC has been running Windows 8 since it came out last year. Naturally, I installed Malwarebytes Pro and scheduled it to wake my PC and run a scan daily. This worked perfectly with the PC dutifully waking up, running the MBAM update and then a quick scan and return to sleep. Absolutely perfect. THEN, I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and it no longer wakes up to do the updates or scans. I can wake it up manually by hitting the keyboard, no problem.

I cloned the HDD before I did the upgrade in case I had problems. If I put the Windows 8.0 HDD back, everything works as it always has.

Anyone know how to troubleshoot this or happen to know the fix?

My PC is a homebrew as follows:

Intel DX58S0 motherboard

Intel i7960 CPU

16GB RAM

WD750 HDD (green)

Windows 8.1 x64

EVGA GTX 770 graphics

It has very little software installed other than a few computer games which is it's primary job.

Firefox - No joy doing the reload. Followed the directions and encountered no problems. I went to Settings/Scheduler Settings and created a daily quick scan starting at 4:01 PM EST and placed the machine in sleep mode from the W8.1 menu (settings/power/sleep) at 3:55 PM.  It did not wake up and scan as hoped.

I will be out of town tomorrow thru Thursday so will not get back to the keyboard until Thursday evening. Please send me and other things to try and I will get to them as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Perhaps someone on staff can take a look at the logs (once you post them) and see if they can tell what's going on....

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool.

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
  • DDS.txt
  • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply "as an attachment": DDS.txt and Attach.txt

You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file

Unfortunately, neither dds.scr or dds.com will run by just double clicking on them. I get the following error when I try.

DDS is not meant to run in 'Compatibility Mode'. The program shall now exit.

I disabled MBAM and Windows Defender realtime protection.

However, if I opened a command prompt with admin rights, it would run. If that is OK for your analysis, I have attached the files.

Thanks--attach.txtdds.txt

• Root Admin

Unfortunately this is probably just a Windows 8.1 issue.  All we do is make a call to tell the computer to wake up.  If it does great, if it does not there is nothing we can do from within the program.

You might check and see if the MFG website for your computer has any updates for power management.