where do i find Logs

I have Malwarebytes Pro and I have experienced notifications that malware has been blocked but this disappears before I can read it  and I cannot find a log where the event has been recorded so I can get details. Where can I find this to enable me to get details' .

Also as Side issue , is there a way I can enlarge text on existing logs  I cannot read them

Graesid

• Root Admin

Hello Graesid

The logs should be found on the Logs tab of the program.

Log File Locations

Scan Logs

• Windows 2000 & Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs
  • Windows Vista & Win7:
    C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

File Protection and IP Protection Logs

• Windows 2000 & Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs
  • Windows Vista & Win7:
    C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

You may wish to run the following scanner and post back the log so that we can help you review it for any possible issues.

Please create an mbam-check log:

• Download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file
  • Please do not copy and paste the entire contents of the log into your next post, instead please attach the log CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop to your next post

Yes I did see those logs but I was expecting just a log of items blocked by themselves like a quarantine folder with full details . However looking through the log now I do see an item which it probably relates to theblocked item as follows

" IP-BLOCK 213.55.112.142 (Type: incoming, Port: 1884, Process: skype.exe "

I just thought it would have more detail but I guess not ; I have not had any trouble with Skype so I thought that was strange

In view of the above I did not run the checking tool unless you think it worthwhile

graesid

Hi, graesid: :)

Until AdvancedSetup returns, the IP blocks are just that -- so they are reported in the protection logs, not in Quarantine (because there is nothing to quarantine). ;)

Since skype seems to be the process for which you are seeing the IP blocks, you might want perhaps to have a look at this KB topic: Why does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware block Skype?

It explains what you are seeing, and how to safely deal with the IP block notifications.

AdvancedSetup will help you further when he returns.

Cheers,

daledoc1

• Root Admin

No that is all the information provided.  The issue with Skype is that it can sometimes connect and use networks that are part of an untrusted IP range normally this does not affect Skype as it can switch over to another network if it is having issues on one or another.

Thank you for that . I understand what you say that if the suspicious malware is blocked there is nothing to put in quarantine .

I will say that when I look at the log under Program Data ,text is a larger font and easy to read it is a pity the logs under the log tabs cannot be zoomed .

Anyway it is good that Malware Bytes picked this up - now twice. Whereas my Antivirus Program has not done so. Thanks anyway

graesid