LauraH1382

Youtube Downloader false positive

Every time I try to install the newest update from YouTube Downloader, Malwarebytes quarantines it as a "PUP".  This has never happened before with previous updates and I would like it to stop.  Files uploaded below. 

Thank you

YouTubeDownloader.rar

Hi,

This is no false positive since this one is bundled with other applications you might not want, hence the PUP (potential unwanted application).

It's safe to install this application, but just make sure you read the install screens properly so you don't end up with other applications bundled with this you don't want. (as they are prechecked in there as well)

Only install what you want/need.

That's the problem.  I can't even try installing it when Malwarebytes quarantines it before I even have a chance to click on it.  And restoring it from Quarantine doesn't work; it just goes right back.

Right click scan the file with malwarebytes. From the results list you can add it to the ignore list.

U may have to temporarily disable the file protection if it is recognizing it that fast.

U can also change the pup settings under scanner settings temporarily.

That's the problem.  I can't even try installing it when Malwarebytes quarantines it before I even have a chance to click on it.  And restoring it from Quarantine doesn't work; it just goes right back.

By default, mbam doesn't autoquarantine PUP detections, so it looks like you have adjusted the default settings for PUP to check for removal instead.

Under Settings > Scanner settings > Action for potentially unwanted programs, select: "Show in results list and do NOT check for removal" (as that's the default setting when you install mbam)

By default, mbam doesn't autoquarantine PUP detections, so it looks like you have adjusted the default settings for PUP to check for removal instead.

Under Settings > Scanner settings > Action for potentially unwanted programs, select: "Show in results list and do NOT check for removal" (as that's the default setting when you install mbam)

Thank you.  Changing that setting worked and I was able to update just fine.  Again, thank you for helping.