New PC, GTX 770, GPU fail? Bitminer? Games don't work

Hello everyone, I just registered, nice community you have here :) I have a big problem and I'm not sure if it's a malware (bitminer-like) or not. I'm not sure if this is the right part of the forum, but here we go:

I built a PC for the first time 2-3 weeks ago, a gaming win7&hackintosh dual boot system as I needed OS X for studio programs. Here are its specs:

Intel Core i7 Haswell 4770k 3.5 ghz 

Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II OC 2Gb graphics card

Gigabyte Z87N-Wifi motherboard

Corsair Vengeance 8x2 Gb 1866 mhz RAM

Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 3TB 64mb cache (as Windows 7 Professional boot disk)

Samsung 840 Pro 128 SSD (as OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.5 boot disk)

I put effort into this as this was my first time building a PC, let alone succesfully dual boot it, but I managed to do it with disabling internal graphics (HD 4600) in order to run both systems without removing-plugging GPU over and over (OS X wouldn't boot otherwise). My computer case has not arrived unfortunately (beware of low-rated amazon sellers), and I was hyped about the PC and been running it by placing the motherboard on the box it came with and all components on the motherboard on the air, maybe this was my mistake to start with. However I ran it with no problems and great performance on everything including games up until yesterday for like 1-2 weeks straight. What happened was; after a long night of gaming (Borderlands 2), I quit the game for something and when I launched it again some minutes later, after all the yada yada logos (2k, nvidia, etc.) when the game's main menu was supposed to launch, the game minimized and system got into some kind of a freeze (not entirely, because I kind of heard game sounds and I was able to ctrl+alt+del and kill Borderlands 2 which un-freezed it). But after that moment forth, whenever I tried to launch into a game that is graphically even a bit demanding, it kept doing the same thing: when a graphically demanding part came up in a game (for example when the borderlands 2's menu came up, because it contains in-game graphics as a background of the menu), it minimized and froze, and wouldn't alt+tab into the game again. GTA IV went in the menu ok, loading part was fine, but when I got to the point where the game was supposed to start, it got minimized, etc. I looked at the Asus GPU Tweak software that came with my GPU, and it's weird that when this minimizing-not working the games thing happens, it seems to spike up both the clock speed and VRAM memory to the absolute max, while the temperatures of the GPU are fairly normal (such as 30c). When I kill the game from task manager, every off the chart reading goes back to normal again. What could be my problem? Oh and the most important thing that scared me was when I was on facebook and looking at some pictures, you know when you click a picture and it opens like a pop-up, blackening the background? At that black part, I saw some white pixels. They were very few and scattered along the black background, but they seemed to change places as I moved my mouse against that black background. Oh and I tried reinstalling the graphics driver, and I'm not sure if I remember it right on my first try after the problem occurred it went fine, but other times at some point during the installation the screen went black and I had to reset to get any display again.

I will try installing windows on another hdd along with a game and the graphics drivers, and try if this happens again, in case maybe it is some sort of a new unknown bitminer (I suspect it might be). But should I be putting this heavy GPU on my mini itx motherboard's pci-express slot while it has no other physical support that holds it but the slot itself? Could it be that my mobo's slot or the GPU may be damaged? I am very concerned and fear that it might be the case. However at the same time, I'm relieving myself by thinking that if the GPU failed, it would fail completely and I wouldn't get any display from it (I mean, I'm using the PC in 144 hz mode and without the GPU that's impossible). What should I do? Thanks so much for reading, I know this is not exactly the type of forum for technical PC support but I think this might be concerned with a malware (a possibility). I hope somebody is able to help me :) Thanks again in advance.

• Root Admin

Hello and :welcome:

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop
dds.scr
dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.
How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.
Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool.
Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.
A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply as an attachment: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
  • You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file and just post it or attach it.

Hi and thanks for your fast reply :) I attached the two files you requested. However, note that I do not have the GPU currently installed on the mobo, because I was scared of any damage to GPU or mobo, or both after I saw the white pixellation. All of this may be physically caused by me because I didn't use a case, and the heavy GPU rested only on the PCI-E slot I'm afraid... :/

attach.txt

dds.txt

• Root Admin

Okay, well there are so many errors Event Logs that it's hard to know where to start.  Let's go ahead though and have you run the following and we'll start with this.

Do not install any other software or change, add any hardware until we're done with scanning and cleaning.

Please visit this webpage and read the ComboFix User's Guide:

• Once you've read the article and are ready to use the program you can download it directly from the link below.
  • Important! - Please make sure you save combofix to your desktop and do not run it from your browser
  • Direct download link for: ComboFix.exe
  • Please make sure you disable your security applications before running ComboFix.
  • Once Combofix has completed it will produce and open a log file.  Please be patient as it can take some time to load.
  • Please attach that log file to your next reply.
  • If needed the file can be located here:  C:\combofix.txt
  • NOTE: If you receive the message "illegal operation has been attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion", just reboot the computer.