CONTINUED problems with ms updates & TUREGOPT Program

I previously got help on my laptop from one of your forum support staff - and the PROBLEM with ms updates never got any better when a LARGE update showed up on important updates, as I was unable to download them. I did everything that the forum staff told me, but the issue was unresolved as the stafff ran out of suggestions. Now, when my PC starts up, I get a black screen with the words: turegopt program not found; skipping autocheck.  I then get the "same old, same old" message that occured when I last got help from this forum, namely:  CONFIGURING UPDATES; STAGE 3 OF 3 - 0% COMPLETE - DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER.  It then seems like it TRIES to load whatever AUTOMATIC updates are available, and THEN IT SAYS the updates DID NOT WORK and they are being reversed and removed from my PC.  That is what HAPPENED LAST TIME too.  I went into the control panel and TURNED OFF the automatic updates to stop this LOOP I found myself in.  I NEVER had that "turegopt' message UNTIL AFTER all the help from this previous forum staff member - so I don't know what to do and am seeking FURTHER HELP to fix both the TUREGOPT problem and AGAIN, the contnued failure to be able to DOWNLOAD the ms updates on my Vista Home Basic os laptop.  I ran the  quick scan that the previous staff left me with and NOTHING malicious was detected.  Here is the log below, and I would appreciate YOUR help on these two above mentioned problems.  thank you.  Susan  friday november 1, 2013 at 1:02 pm edst

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.11.01.04

Windows Vista Service Pack 2 x86 NTFS
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.19453
Ed and Sue :: USER-PC [administrator]

11/1/2013 12:30:18 PM
mbam-log-2013-11-01 (12-30-18).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 261117
Time elapsed: 14 minute(s), 42 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

Hello yosoy4ever,

I see you have a real problem with MS Windows Update.  It's quite unfortunate, but this is known to happen and is also not necessarily related to a infection.

I would suggest that you consider the following:

Putting Vista into Safe mode.

Then starting the System Restore function of Vista.

Look for a restore point that is old enough ( prior to ) this problem starting.

Then selecting to Restore to that date.

You will need lots and lots of infinite patience while System restore runs.

I would suggest as a safety precaution, to first do a backup of your system onto removable storage media.   Like an external storage drive.

Some references for you:

Advanced startup options (including safe mode)
The Advanced Boot Options menu lets you start Windows in advanced troubleshooting modes. You can access the menu by turning on your computer and pressing the F8 key ...
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Advanced-startup-options-including-safe-mode

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/what-is-system-restore

http://bertk.mvps.org/html/restoresysv.html

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!