Account Unkown

I just noticed ielowutil.exe in task manager and do not remeber seeing it before so I followed to Permission for ielowutil.exe and it has Account Unkown (S-15-2-1) in C:\Program Files (x86) \Internet Explorer\ielowutil.exe permissions Read & execute and Read. Is that something I need to  clean out ?

• Root Admin

This is a normal and valid Microsoft file and is there to help add security to Internet Explorer.  You can read more about it from here.
What does ielowutil.exe have to do with Internet Explorer 8.0?

So the short answer is that IELowUtil.exe is the broker process that handles operations which require processing at a Low Integrity level.

Thank you, very helpful. I was told I might have malware by my on line service, I had change to Frontier and now have Frontier Secure , they claim malwarebytes won't work well with their program and they removed the free version of MB. Of course. if I want them to check, it would include adding a more extensive security program and I just can no do that , we paid Avast and their Techs seperatly and when I got a email from avast support stating they could return my money for flowers I sent to my son's wife , I decided not to use avast any longer , either hacked or insider wanted my paypal info which no longer exists

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!