ID and Kay are canceled

Dear Malwarebytes Community

I have a problem . My ID and my Key which i have found on my Malwarebytes CD are canceled . I used Malwerbytes for  one year and two month and it helps me a lot . It  works withou any problems but now i have a problem.

I have cleaned my Cmputer and delete Malwerbytes and my other programs. Now i want to install Malwarebytes again but my ID and my Key are canceled .

My question is now , what mst i do ?

Must i buy Malwarebytes again or is ther another problem ?

Please excuse my bad English but i need Help :)

Yours sincerely,

Nitrem

Hello and welcome, Nitrem:

Sorry you are having a problem with activating your MBAM PRO license ID/key.

Consumer licenses for MBAM PRO are currently lifetime and transferable.

So, one would normally be able to (re)install, activate and run the program on ONE computer at a time as often as needed.

If you are seeing a message that the license has been cancelled, it sounds as if you may have been sold a pirated or counterfeit version of the program.

Where did you purchase the boxed CD?

Can you please post a screenshot of the error message you are seeing?

That might help for starters,

daledoc1

P.S. Your English is fine. :)

thank for the quick response daledoc1,

I bought the CD on www.malwarebytes.org after I had downloaded the trial version

The trial version i found on www.CHIP.de .After ten days there where a massage which told me i must buy the fullversion .(I saw the massage when i open the trial version).

The trial version helped me in a few problems so I bought the full version on www.malwarebytes.org.

After i have clean my Computer and installed malwarebytes again  I had only the trial version so i wanted to use my ID and my Key again

they worked when I bought malwarebytes I uesed them when i aktivated malwarebytes for one year

After I had typed it I got (and I get it now too) this massgae

(Die eingetragene ID oder der eingetragene Schlüssel sind ungültig). In English (The registered ID or registered key are invalid)

I open and close malwarebytes again and again I cklicked on aktivate and wrote my Key and my ID in the line ,but always the same problem The registered ID or registered key are invalid.

There were no massage which told me my version was expired before I cleaned my Computer .

But now I can only use the trial version.

Nitrem

Hi:

Well, I don't work for MBAM and I don't know the specific ins-and-outs of licensing issues.

I am just a forum volunteer.

However, if you purchased your CD of MBAM online directly from MBAM, then it ought to be a valid license.

"Invalid" is different from "cancelled", and it makes a bit more sense to possibly explain what's happening. :)

Often, users type the wrong numbers/letters for the ID and key, causing the information to be rejected.

Be sure to check the ID/key info which is usually on the CD sleeve (or somewhere in the box, if you purchased a boxed CD).

You might see if this KB topic helps: It says 'Invalid license information' when I try to activate the software.

If it doesn't resolve your issue, then the next step would be to check the confirmation email from the reseller, Cleverbridge, back in 2011.

It would contain your correct license ID and key information.

If you no longer have that email, then you'll need to contact the MBAM Reseller, Cleverbridge, in order to obtain the information.

Cleverbridge contact info is here: Why is my payment processed by Cleverbridge?

Once you have located or obtained your correct license ID & key, it might be a good idea to start fresh with a clean uninstall/reinstall.

To do that, please follow the steps in Option 1 here: MBAM Clean Removal Process

(Be sure to reboot after running the removal tool and before attempting to reinstall.)

That should resolve your issue.

In the interim, you can always activate the free, 14-day trial of MBAM PRO to give you real-time protection while you sort the licensing problem.

Let us know how it goes,

daledoc1

Hi:

HOME CONSUMER licenses for MBAM PRO are currently valid for "lifetime" with no renewal. :)

However, each license can only be used on ONE computer at a time.

But it can be re-used/reinstalled on the same computer or even transferred to another computer, if needed.

Please let us know when you get your licensing/activation issue sorted.

Regards,

daledoc1

• 10 months later...

I received my malwarebytes from someone other.  The version would not update, so I was told to clean and reinstall, which I did.  I now have the trial version and am unable to activate.  Can you tell me what the "i.d" is and what the "key" means.  The only thing I still have is the license of 7NP81(is this the i.d. or the key?) with no other information.  I did do a Tracerrouting before the new installation and have several figures on that?  Would anything there help?

Hi, and :welcome: , colthouse:

Please stop replying to old topics, this is normally frowned upon...

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Each computer is unique.

Problems that sound "the same" most often are not.

The same is true for solutions.

They most often need to be individualized.

It is less confusing for everyone if we try to stick to "one user per topic".

Please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using the cjfj.png button.

The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP with individual help to get you both up and running.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

Firefox