Can't get Malwarebytes to complete a full scan

I've had some recent issues with the ICE ransomware virus which I was able to get removed but it forced me to reinstall windows. Once I got that up and running I've been trying to get a full scan run in mbam but it will usually fail somewhere after an hour (locks computer up and I have to power cycle it). I can get a quick scan and flash scan to run and it did identify some items (pup.optional.opencandy and pup.optional.expressinstall) and I was able to remove them but a full scan always seems to fail even in safe mode. Also tried running the mbar tool and it crashed my pc twice. each time i ran it again after the crash and it worked but nothing was found. Also ran adwcleaner but it didn't find anything but some stray registry entries. Also, my boot process now seems very slow and the desktop may take a couple minutes to appear or it will be unresponsive until norton loads and the icon shows in the system tray.

attach.txt

dds.txt

Hello Drummhed and :welcome:! My name is Borislav and I will be glad to help you solve your malware problem.

Please note:

• If you are a paying customer, you have the privilege to contact the help desk at Consumer Support. If you choose this option to get help, please let me know.
  • I recommend you to keep the instructions I will be giving you so that they are available to you at any time. You can save them in a text file or print them.
  • Make sure you read all of the instructions and fixes thoroughly before continuing with them.
  • Follow my instructions strictly and don’t hesitate to stop and ask me if you have any questions.
  • Post your log files, don't attach them. Every log file should be copy/pasted in your next reply.
  • Do not perform any kind of scanning and fixing without my instructions. If you want to proceed on your own, please let me know.
Step 1

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

• Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Seven, right-mouse click it and select Run as Administrator.
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
  • Step 2

Download TFC to your desktop

• Open the file and close any other windows.
    • It will close all programs itself when run, make sure to let it run uninterrupted.
    • Click the Start button to begin the process. The program should not take long to finish its job
    • Once its finished it should reboot your machine, if not, do this yourself to ensure a complete clean
    Step 3

Please follow the instructions here:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138&page=1entry417944

Step 4

• Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Go to Update tab and select Check for Updates. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
    • Go to Scanner tab and select Perform Quick Scan, then click Scan.
    • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
    • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
    • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note)
    • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
    • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
    Extra Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.

In your next reply, post the following log files:

• Junkware Removal Tool log
    • Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware log

Followed all the steps and the logs are attached. had a bit of trouble running the Temp File Cleaner but finally got it to run in safe mode. I did try to run a full scan again and it is still locking up my PC. it looks like it is failing at the C:\windows\I386 folder and when I tried to scan just that folder the same thing happened; however, when i tried scanning the folder in safe mode there were no issues. I then tried a full scan in safe mode and it locked up again (screen went completely blank so no idea where it stopped).

mbam-log-2013-10-27 (13-58-25).txt

JRT.txt

What about third step? Did you complete all the steps?

Note: Please do not run this tool without special supervision and instructions of someone authorized to do so. Otherwise, you could end up with serious problems. For more details, read this article: ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here

Please visit this webpage and read the ComboFix User's Guide:

• Once you've read the article and are ready to use the program you can download it directly from the link below.
  • Important! - Please make sure you save combofix to your desktop and do not run it from your browser
  • Direct download link for: ComboFix.exe
  • Please make sure you disable your security applications before running ComboFix.
  • Once Combofix has completed it will produce and open a log file. Please be patient as it can take some time to load.
  • Please copy/paste the contents or attach that log file to your next reply.
  • If needed the file can be located here: C:\combofix.txt
  • NOTE: If you receive the message "illegal operation has been attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion", just reboot the computer.

In regards to your question about step 3 above, I did perform a check disk with options to check the file system and check for bad sectors and repair and I also did a defrag of the C: drive. After doing this I tried the full scan in safe mode logged in as administrator when I experienced the issues I mentioned. Following your instructions, I was able to run combofix and the log is attached. I haven't tried a full scan again, but I'll see if it works now.

ComboFix.txt

Please scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan

• Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.

ESET OnlineScan

• Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer.

Save it to your Desktop.

• Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png to download the ESET Smart Installer. icon on your Desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under Scan Settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    • Scan potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.

Had a little trouble getting it to run (hanging like mbam does) but I was able to get it to run in safe mode and the log is attached. I did run another mbam scan and it seemed like it was working when I scanned my individual drives on the full scan but it stalled again on the final drive (F:). Now when I reboot the system pulls up the new hardware found screens for my hard drives; however, it cannot find the drivers. When I tried looking up the drivers online, the manufacture states they should be on my PC already, but it isn't finding them. I have been having issues with the F drive as it was brand new but it's been failing a number of diagnostic tests so I reformatted that drive completely and tried running mbam again. now it just fails like it did before...I'm about ready to go back to my recovery disks and start all over...

log.txt