DDS logs and virus help needed

Buzzz

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Right click on "Command Prompt" select  "Run As Administrator"

At the command prompt type in:

Ipconfig /release Tap enter ***Note the space between Ipconfig and /release

Ipconfig /renew Tap enter ***Note the space between Ipconfig and /renew

Ipconfig /flushdns Tap enter ***Note the space between Ipconfig and /flushdns

Then turn off your router/modem, shut down the Computer. Leave off for 1 full minute, Turn on router/modem, wait for all lights to stabilize.

Boot up the Computer, can you connect?

I've typed in what I said and did the rest of what you've said but still nothing.

When I type commands in and tap enter the text says no operation can be performed whilst it has its media disconnected.

And, an error occurred whilst releasing interface loop back pseudo interface, the system cannot fine the file specified.

I've run the window trouble shooter thing again and it's suggesting the wireless network adapter is experiencing problems. When I go to windows help and support it's suggesting I need to update a driver for hardware that isn't working. But I don't want to start doing things I haven't a clue about.

Do you have access to an ethernet cable to connect your PC directly to the Router? If the network adapter for the wireless connection (Intel ® Centrino ® wireless-N 130) needs a driver update we are stumped as your connection is defunct.

If you have an ethernet cable we will connect through the other adapter, maybe that way we can update the driver for the wireless adapter....

It would seem to be a problem with your Network Adapter, if I ask you to run a scan can you d/l the tool on your Laptop, save to a USB stick and transfer to the problem PC....

Download Farbar Service Scanner from here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-service-scanner/dl/62/ and run it on the computer with the issue.

Make sure the following options are checked:

Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center/Action Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender

Press "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

Here's the log, although it didn't open the text within the programme but in notepad?

Farbar Service Scanner Version: 23-11-2013
Ran by Steve (administrator) on 24-11-2013 at 18:46:01
Running from "F:\"
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium  Service Pack 1 (X64)
Boot Mode: Normal

Internet Services:
============

Connection Status:
==============
Localhost is accessible.
There is no connection to network.
Attempt to access Google IP returned error.
Attempt to access Google.com returned error: Other errors
Attempt to access Yahoo.com returned error: Other errors

Windows Firewall:
=============

Firewall Disabled Policy:
==================

System Restore:
============

System Restore Disabled Policy:
========================

Action Center:
============

Windows Update:
============

Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy:
============================

Windows Defender:
==============
WinDefend Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
The start type of WinDefend service is set to Demand. The default start type is Auto.
The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK.
The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK.

Windows Defender Disabled Policy:
==========================
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender]
"DisableAntiSpyware"=DWORD:1

Other Services:
==============

File Check:
========
C:\Windows\System32\nsisvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nsiproxy.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\dhcpcore.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\afd.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tdx.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\tcpip.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\dnsrslvr.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\mpssvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\bfe.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mpsdrv.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\SDRSVC.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\vssvc.exe => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\wscsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\wbem\WMIsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\wuaueng.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\qmgr.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\es.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\cryptsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpSvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\rpcss.dll => MD5 is legit

**** End of log ****

Hmmm, going through it now. Have tried to restore back to one critical point, and no luck, working back now.

The weird thing is that the internet connection bar at the bottom right of the screen says my virgin media connect has 'limited connection', let on my other laptop it's excellent?

Right, back on....

However, am getting the uni blue and comodo thing, as well as the error message, all which I previously posted about, on the 21st i think, text below...

"The specified module could not be found.  LoadLibrary (pythondll) failed"  and

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Uniblue\DriverScanner\PYTHON27.DLL"

The python thing sounds wrong?  When I tried to uninstall the Uni Blue driver scanner it let me, but it said that it hadn't got rid of all components yet it wasn't obvious how I got rid of them?

Also, the COMODO programme, which I have mentioned before and have no idea what it is, is still appearing.  When I go into programs to try and uninstall it, it won't let me and only gives me an option to install, which is weird as the fact that it's running on the deskstop when I start up suggests that it's already installed?

Comodo is a security program, usually the free version is a Firewall with and Antivirus component. It is important to uninstall Comodo as you already have Avast installed.

It is possible (likely) the internet lost connection happened when Comodo was removed with OTL, I guess best policy is always to use its own uninstaller. Have a look at the following link for removal instructions:  http://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/most-effective-way-to-reinstallupdate-cis-to-avoidfix-problems-t58620.0.html

Let me know when you have successfully uninstalled Comodo, then we can run the following:

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system (32 bit or 64 bit). If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Please ensure Comodo is removed before running FRST...

Ok will do.  I don't recall seeing Comodo before I started downloading anything from here, not complaining, but just notice it know where as I didn't before and it seems to get mentioned in virus logs and error messages so would rather get rid of.

Couple of questions re link...

1. Disable Any Other Security Products You May Have Running

Is this Avast (which I have) and MWB and will this mean uninstalling or disabling through the software somehow? How will I know if I have any other security products on the computer?

How do I know if I have a 32 or 64 bit system?

That'll do for starters...

Comodo is a security program, I can assure you it will not have been d/l with any tools advised here. The free version of Comodo is normally a Firewall and also comes with an antivirus component.... It does need to be uninstalled at your  earliest convenience....

Advice for turning off security can be found here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/how-to-disable-your-security-applications-490111.html

Regarding system spec, Select > start > right click on Computer and select Properties > the info you require will be seen in the properties window...