MBAM Pro Scheduler Options for Specific Days

Scoop

Has there been past discussion about adding a day-specific option in the Scheduler for unattended scans?

In other words, adding an option to run a Quick Scan by days of the week, etc.

The reason I'm asking about it is that I'd like to run a Quick Scan 6 days a week and a Full Scan on the 7th day.

Relative to this topic, I have a question about how the Scheduler prioritizes scans.

If I have a Quick Scan scheduled daily unattended overnight, and I'd like to schedule a Full Scan weekly (also unattended overnight), will the Scheduler prioritize the Full Scan or will the Quick Scan run first and the Full Scan begin once the Quick Scan completes?

• Root Admin

There has been discussion about some different options but as to when or if they will be implemented I'm not sure.

It will run the scans based on the times you have set.  You are in control of it by setting the day and time.

Resetting the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware schedules from the command line.

There is a 15 minute randomized delay in the scheduler for MBAM updates so + or - 15 minutes is normal for updates with the scheduler. Scans will run at the time set for though.

From an elevated admin command prompt please do the following.
How to Open an Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 7

Please type the following and press the Enter key at the end of the line.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

On Windows XP and Windows 7 x86
CD "%ProgramFiles%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware"

On Windows 7 x64
CD "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware"

Please type the following and press the Enter key at the end of each line. There will not be any feedback normally unless you type it wrong.

mbam.exe /unschedule /all
mbam.exe /schedule /update /silent /hourly /every 4 /starting 10/04/2013 16:15:00 /recover 2
mbam.exe /schedule /scan -quick -log -silent -remove -reboot /silent /daily /every 1 /starting 10/04/2013 17:30:00 /recover 23

Now open the MBAM program and go to the Protection tab and click on the Scheduler button
If completed correctly it should look very similar to the image below.

scheduler_settings_zps5f895d05.png

↑  

Thanks :).  Is the cmd prompt method an alternative to clearing the Scheduler vs launching the MBAM main console and deleting / creating scheduled scan events from the Scheduler menu?

Yes you can do all of the changes from within the Graphical User Interface (GUI) but some people like doing it from the command line.

b8r47c.jpg  thanks.