Bestcleaner

Ok first post here. I am a reseller BTW. Two things recently had a fresh install on a customers laptop full version. They left my shop with a fresh new copy of xp media center all updated all leagal etc etc. NO other software installed, exception Malware Bytes, protection mode enabled. Follow up call next day, confrimed all working updating as required. Three days later they got antivirus 2009. i had to reformat and reinstall....not good for a first sale....

second tonight I am running my personal 'free' version, updated and started a scan. While I am scanning I go to internet exploder and get this http://bestcleaner.us/index.php?affid=14575 WTF I say. I stop the scan, do another update database is current start another scan it goes all the way through and finds nothing! So whats up with malware bytes? This is not impressive to say the least. I can hardly endorse a product that miserably failed right in my face. I am not a noob. I happen to be a Microsnot certified partner, only because it drives customers to me.

Now I am running Vista 32 business. I do not have admin elevated in lsecp. All my net settings are medium high in exploder 7, firewall is on. So how is this crap getting through? Thanx

• 2 weeks later...
We detect the file at that link and as far as I know the trojans that advertise it .

I need a fresh MBAM scan log and a HijackThis scanlog :

http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/_d.../HiJackThis.exe

Use the save a logefile option , copy and paste it here .

ok I will do that for some reason I had no idea that you replied....hmm and I did sign up for alerts.......also MBAM does not auto update in Vista...makes me wonder if it works at all?

ok I will do that for some reason I had no idea that you replied....hmm and I did sign up for alerts.......also MBAM does not auto update in Vista...makes me wonder if it works at all?

ok I ran the scan nothing to post and hi jack this has no flags. I did a manual removel of the bug. System is clean now. So I am not going to bother to post the logs. I do know what I am doing.

Auto updates just fine on the Vista machines I've ever installed it on.

ok I ran the scan nothing to post and hi jack this has no flags. I did a manual removel of the bug. System is clean now. So I am not going to bother to post the logs. I do know what I am doing.

The logs, if scanned prior to manual removal, would have helped determine if and why, the detection failed (we know what we're doing too)