Ask Tool Bar Removal

schnoozs

It seems that my grandaughter has downloaded the Ask Toolbar with something and we can't get rid of it.

She has Windows 8 on an ASUS laptop.

She was using IE and I talked her into Firefox but she keeps switching back and forth.

It seems that she is always downloading things that I tell her not to but...........

Has anyone had a problem ridding their pc of it?

If you were able to delete it, tell me how you did it, please?

Going to need a lot of help with her laptop.

It's all messed up.

They never listen!

as they "never listen" and "it's all greek" and you have no way of knowing what was actually installed (there could be other stuff skulking in the bushes as it were) ...

i would strongly suggest following the link david provided in post #3 .

don't run anything ... cleaners and such ... you may be removing information needed to help one of the experts make a determination in helping you .

on a personal note ...

i would not trust any of those miserable tool bars as far as i could throw the comp .

they are quite simply bad-order no matter how you look at them .

(genuine program tool bars being the exception)

as they "never listen" and "it's all greek" and you have no way of knowing what was actually installed (there could be other stuff skulking in the bushes as it were) ...

i would strongly suggest following the link david provided in post #3 .

don't run anything ... cleaners and such ... you may be removing information needed to help one of the experts make a determination in helping you .

on a personal note ...

i would not trust any of those miserable tool bars as far as i could throw the comp .

they are quite simply bad-order no matter how you look at them .

(genuine program tool bars being the exception)

6gfuwz.jpg

I remember way back in my early, read "rookie" 'net days, I downloaded something that also loaded a "free smiliey" toolbar.  I had to jump thru hoops to get that thing uninstalled.

"Never again" :lol:

heh ... yeppers .

and then there was a glorified email program that allowed you to use all kinds of icons , animations and such cutesy crapola .

(2003 comes to mind)

the trick was that the recipients had to have the same program installed in order to "see" what graphics were inserted .

it took over the searches and more and more junk mail and *other buttons* started showing up .

it was truly miserable to remove in entirety .