Nesivos

[SOLVED] 0.09.4.1000 Driver Appears Not To Be Compatible With Windows 8.1

At least that was the message I got after I installed W8.1 replacing W8.  The exact message was

"Cannot Start Malwarebyte Anti-Exploit driver, the Anti-Exploit process will be terminated"

Same message when I tried to reinstall it.

At least that was the message I got after I installed W8.1 replacing W8.  The exact message was

"Cannot Start Malwarebyte Anti-Exploit driver, the Anti-Exploit process will be terminated"

Same message when I tried to reinstall it.

That's a KNOWN problem with this beta version.

Known Issues

• Sometimes the icon disappears from the traybar after reboot even if mbae.exe is running. As a workaround, run TaskManager or ProcessExplorer as administrator and "kill" the process mbae.exe/mbae64.exe and then run Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit from Start, Programs, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.
  • When Stopping/Starting or Exiting MBAE while a shielded application is open and injected by MBAE (browsers, Adobe, etc.) it may take some time for MBAE to uninject its DLL and cause an application "hang". As a workaround, make sure to close all shielded applications before stopping/starting/exiting MBAE.
  • When opening Word and Excel, MBAE will not show it as protected in the LOG tab.Sandboxie may prevent MBAE from injecting its DLL into protected processes.
  • Incompatibility with Comodo may cause unexpected browser behaviour.Incompatibility with some EMET mitigations may crash certain protected processes.
  • MBAE might not install correctly under Windows 8.1

bB9ZP.gif

Please note that this is a beta and may contain bugs. Version 0.09.4.1000

REF: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=130884&p=742320

/Steve

Is it safe to assume a 'fix' is in the works "soon"?  ;)

bB9ZP.gif

Ummmm.. I am not an employee or contractor for Malwarebytes and my only legal connection to them is as a licensed user of MBAM Pro.. So take all this with a grain of salt. I am not on the product group working on MBAE - I only (as a SOFTWARE UPDATER) report the news, so-to speak.

As for SOON, please bear in mind that MBAE *is* a BETA product which is FREE but also warns that Malwarebytes is not responsible for any system harm or shortcomings in this BETA product. In using this product you assume all risks as all beta testers worldwide do for any beta product. Known problems are addressed as soon as a solution is developed but "soon" is subjective.

Since Windows 8.1 has just been released to normal consumers I would "assume" (you know what is said about the word ASSUME??) that with all the failures showing up, fixing THIS problem would be a priority. Again; I am not an product group employee; just my guess..

Steve

EDIT: Found Pedro's official response in another thread - see post that follows..

Edited by ShyWriter

Here's the official response from the MBAE Product Manager from another post:

mrk7.gif

Appreciate your time ShyWriter.

Windows 8.1 prompts users if they want to install new drivers, and MBAE does not seem to trigger it on install. NVIDIA had the same issue with their drivers. Not sure if correlation or not, but just wanted to let people know.

Hi

This is the same problem I have - on 4 separate Windows 8.1 Pro machines.

have attached a snap.

What should I do ? Just uninstall Antixploit until the bug is resolved ?

post-147091-0-31811300-1382338491_thumb.

I get the same message as marret on startup, however after attempting to uninstall, both via add remove programs and manually running the uninstaller in the MBAE directory, I get a popup saying the uninstaller can't run because of a missing DLL.  However, it no longer appears in my list of programs to uninstall, and all that remain in my MBAE directory are the uninstaller, loader.txt, and mbae-default.txt.

I do hope there is 'fix' for us Win 8.1 users Sooner rather then later. :)

Version 0.09.4.2000 has just been approved by QA and will be published in the next few days. It includes compatibility with Windows 8.1.

As always, thank you for your time confirming time-line Pedro  :)