Limit To Number of Free Versions ?

I have the free malwarebytes anti-virus software installed on an XP desktop and a Vista laptop. I recently purchased a new Dell laptop that runs Windows 7.

I went to the malwarebytes site and downloaded the free version on to my new dell laptop.

I'm seeing warning notices that the product is about to expire, suggesting that I did not get the free version.

Is there a limit to the number of free versions of this product one can download. I did click on the FREE version when I downloaded.

Thanks for your time.

L. L.

Hello and :welcome:

No there is not a limit on how many times you get the FREE version. Looks like during the install you choose to Try the Trial Version of Pro..

Please download mbam-clean.exe from here to your desktop and save it.

Run the mbam-clean.exe file and reboot the computer.  Then download the FREE version once more but this time make sure to uncheck the option to Enable free traial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO and you should be good to go.

DkgJ7Zr.png

I have the free malwarebytes anti-virus software installed on an XP desktop and a Vista laptop. I recently purchased a new Dell laptop that runs Windows 7.

Please note that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBAM) is not an "anti virus" application nor a replacement for an anti virus application.  MBAM targets non-viral malware and the alterations to the Operating System they make and is to be used as an adjunct, complimentary, application to a fully installed anti virus application.