Sign in to follow this  
sOulbAit

New App Locks On Setting Screen

Hi Guys:

Have always love your programs and tried out the new Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile yesterday. I download to my Samsung Galaxy S4 with the latest OS. The app installed with no problem. I started the app and it loaded to the normal screen. In the upper right corner there were three vertical dots. I touched those dots and it brought up a settings request. I was taken to the setting screen and looked it over. I then click on the upper left corner to leave this screen, nothing happened. I also clicked on the phone back button and nothing happened.

I ended up closing the app and restarting. It then went straight to the screen I was locked up on. 

I uninstalled the app and tried the complete process again and had the same results.

Am I doing somthing wrong?

Thank again guy, yall are the best.

sOulbAit

Hello,

I have checked with other support members, and we have not seen this issue yet.  Based on that, we would like to gather more information to try to narrow this down.  Could you please check the specific OS version you are using on your Galaxy phone.  To do that, do the following:

• Click the bottom left menu button
  • Select Settings
  • Click the More tab
  • Press About Phone.  The OS version will be listed under Android version.

Also, could you please provide a list of other apps that you have installed on your phone.  Hopefully, we'll get this figured out quickly.  I'll be watching for your reply! 

Try squeezing the screen upper right corner to lower left corner.

That worked for me when I tried it.

Hi Michael:

Thanks for the quick reply. I went and installed it again and had the same problem, BUT after playing around with it, it started working and not working. Just intermittently. Actually working more then not working. It also crashed one time and I clicked on send report, You should get that I believe. Also one time I clicked on the three dots and a blue box came up around them and locked up. I tried to close the program and it came up with a screen that said: Malwarebytes Anti Malware isn't responding, do you want to close it? Never seen that before.

I am running Android version 4.2.2 on my Samsung Galaxy S4. Some of the programs I have running: The normal installed programs that come with the phone, Also Norton Mobile - Weatherbug - Thescore - redbox - the weather channel - that is about all the extra ones that show running other than the factory ones.

Hope this helps out. Thanks again for the great apps/programs you have. Yall are the best.

I have good news for you, if you don't mind waiting a few days (plus or minus).  We have identified a problem that matches the behavior you describe, and developers are working on a fix for it.  Once they are complete, QA testing will be necessary to make sure everything works as expected for all supported devices.  At that point, an update will be available that will solve the problem.  I can't give you a specific date that it will be available, but it will be soon.  Thanks for your patience!

I have good news for you, if you don't mind waiting a few days (plus or minus).  We have identified a problem that matches the behavior you describe, and developers are working on a fix for it.  Once they are complete, QA testing will be necessary to make sure everything works as expected for all supported devices.  At that point, an update will be available that will solve the problem.  I can't give you a specific date that it will be available, but it will be soon.  Thanks for your patience!

Thank you so much Michael. :)

You're very welcome.  I hope that update comes out soon so that everything works for you as expected.