Privacy Manager question

Installed MA-MM on a Nexus 7 2013 with new Android OS.

Scan reports no threats.

I have some questions regarding the Security audit (via the Privacy Manager).

1) The auditor appears to recommend that you enable "Find my phone". Doesn't this require GPS tracking/Access to my location, which the auditor recommends that you disable for privacy? Also, by "phone" do you include "tablet" or is a cellular network service required?

2) If I use a password rather than the lock pattern, why would this not be sufficient to satisfy the audit?

Thanks! Any new features planned?

Hello pipetodevnull,

Welcome to the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile support forum.

Security Audit is meant to identify vulnerabilities on your device and makes suggestions for you.

The use of GPS Tracking is required for successful use of "Find my phone" feature.  The instructions are meant to let you know you have a choice.  So, you could enable GPS Tracking, tap "Find my phone", then disable GPS Tracking when your use of "Find my phone" is completed.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile is designed to work on android-based devices which includes phones.

If you have further questions or need technical help with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile please contact our support team at 

http://mwb.to/consumerSP and submit a ticket.  We’ll get back to you as quickly as we can.

To check the status of your ticket, go to http://helpdesk.malw...tes.org/access/ and create an account with the same e-mail used to send in the original ticket. Sign in with your e-mail and password if you already have an account.

Thanks in advance for your patience and for your support.