How Often does Malwarebytes update

As having just recently switched to Paid version and asked a few questions I am still a bit mystified by some aspects ..In particular when does the program update if I do not do it manually as I always did for the Free version . I have not been able to find any logs showing this .

I have MB installed on my Windows 7, Limited user account and always had to make sure I opened with "Run as Admin" to manually update, Should I perhaps uninstall it from there and reinstall on my  Admin Profile Account . If this is not necessary where do I see the updates that I presume download each day.

Graesid

• Root Admin

You can setup how often you want to update the program and how often you want to scan from via the Protection tab and click on the Scheduler button. Then click on the Scheduler Settings tab..

You can also do it from the command line if you want

Resetting the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware schedules from the command line.

There is a 15 minute randomized delay in the scheduler for MBAM updates so + or - 15 minutes is normal for updates with the scheduler. Scans will run at the time set for though.

From an elevated admin command prompt please do the following.
How to Open an Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 7

Please type the following and press the Enter key at the end of the line.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

On Windows XP and Windows 7 x86
CD "%ProgramFiles%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware"

On Windows 7 x64
CD "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware"

Please type the following and press the Enter key at the end of each line. There will not be any feedback normally unless you type it wrong.

mbam.exe /unschedule /all
mbam.exe /schedule /update /silent /hourly /every 4 /starting 10/04/2013 16:15:00 /recover 2
mbam.exe /schedule /scan -quick -log -silent -remove -reboot /silent /daily /every 1 /starting 10/04/2013 17:30:00 /recover 23

Now open the MBAM program and go to the Protection tab and click on the Scheduler button
If completed correctly it should look very similar to the image below.

scheduler_settings_zps5f895d05.png

Thanks for that info . You may have answered my question in there . I presume from what you say I have to go in and set up how often I want updates or scan . If I do not set up a schedule for updates  will it not update itself ?  I thought it would  but I have not seen it .

That is what I am trying to find out

Graesid

• Root Admin

You can also run this scanner and post back the log and we can tell you how the program is setup.

Please create an mbam-check log:

• Download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file
  • Please do not copy and paste the entire contents of the log into your next post, instead please attach the log CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop to your next post

• Root Admin

The log looks okay but it does show that you're only updating the rules once a day and do not have any scheduled scans running.

Please open the program and go edit the scheduler to change the schedule for updates to hourly and then to 4 hours and "Recover if missed by:" to 1 or 2 hours for the rules updates.  Also set a Scheduled daily Quick Scan and set recover to 1 day for the scheduler.

post-2065-0-21003200-1381716158_thumb.pn

• Root Admin

Here is an example of what the GUI should look like for the rules update.

TYPE:   Update

Frequency:  Hourly

Recover: 2 hours

Starting on: Current time or short time period in advance is okay.

Repeating:  4 Hours

Options - up to you.  On mine I leave them unchecked.

post-2065-0-13509900-1381716574_thumb.pn

Thanks for that Ron I will set that up and we might see some action. By the way this morning I saw a BALLOON pop up  in the Task Bar which said something about a new version being provided . That is the first time I have seen anything like that. Thanks for your assistance anyway.
I might be able to keep out of your hair  for a while

graesid