IBM iSeries Client Access file detected as false positive

LoneWolf15

To Whom It May Concern:

Our organization uses IBM iSeries Client Access to connect to AS/400 systems.  As of today, we our clients are experiencing an issue where the following file is flagged as a false positive and removed by newer versions of Malwarebytes:

C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\Emulator\pcsxlt.dll

Or "Program Files (x86)\ in some cases, but you get the idea.

This is a well-known, legitimate program, and without this file, printer sessions used with the Client Access software cannot be activated.  While I do not have a log, I have added a .zip of the file in question so that it may be analyzed and categorized correctly.  Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

pcsxlt.zip

Reference:

C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Client Access\Emulator\pcsxlt.dll

I also received a false positive "trojan.ransom.ed" alert on this "pcsxlt.dll" file. 

I obtained a clean copy from an associate and loaded it back into "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Client Access\Emulator\".  Again, when I tried to open IBM Personal Communications iSeries Access for Windows Ver 6.0, the "dll" was quarantined.  I added the location and file object in the Ignore List so that I am now able to run the Client Access Emulator.

Note that this problem only appeared, for the first time, today (Oct 11, 2013).

Thanks,

Richard Greenbaum

We are still getting FP's on the file pcsxlt.dll.

The hit is happening when we start the iSeries application to connect to a session.

Error in my log is below.

2013/10/11 10:33:32 -0400 ALJEM12589 aljem DETECTION C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\Emulator\pcsxlt.dll Trojan.Ransom.ED QUARANTINE

I will get a current log and file tomorrow. We have the file in the ignore and it is still getting a FP. Had to disable al file detection to stop the hits.