Thank you!

A friend of mine (one of those computer-illiterate people who didn't even know everyone should have their own account), constantly had her computer slowing down, and it would take several minutes to load any web page. This was after scanning for viruses (with the installed program, "Norton AntiVirus"), scanning with the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tools, doing disk cleanup and defrag, uninstalling dangerous or unused programs, and disabling unneccesary services from starting at logon.

(One of her kids was using her computer for file-sharing with Limewire, instead of his own laptop.)

After all this, I noticed any open applications would slow down, but only when she opened Internet explorer. I correctly guessed she probably had a keystroke logger that started "recording" whenever she opened her browser. But Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is the only scanner I used that detected the infection.

(I did not attempt an installation and scan with "Spybot Search & Destroy" because I thought it was too advanced for her to understand at this point, so I don't know if that would have detected the keystroke logger.)

I don't remember the name of the program, though I wrote it down for her in case it gets reinstalled.

P.S. After I walked her though creating accounts, creating a safe password, and making sure everyone else will have to set one, the same kid tells her that creating accounts on computers "slows them down"!!! Luckily, she didn't exactly fall for it, and checked with me first. (Her computer is still slow, since it would benefit from more RAM and she isn't interested in spending money right now, not even on the cheap. It's hard to get someone to do that when they practically view their computer as an evil machine.)