slow and choppy pc operation

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please open an Elevated Command Prompt window Select Start, in the search box type command - a Command Prompt icon will appear, right-click on it, and select Run as Administrator

Copy the following command:

Licensingdiag.exe -report %userprofile%\desktop\report.txt -log %userprofile%\desktop\repfiles.cab

put cursor at the command prompt then Right click and select paste, hit enter. Two files will be saved to your Desktop.

open the "report.txt" file and copy/paste the results to your response - you can ignore the repfiles.cab file, it's only backup data

If the command I posted did not work either you did not open cmd.exe at an elevated level or you copy the command incorrectly, it definitely works because i`ve ran it on my own Windows 8 system to check.

MGA is indicating that your OS has not been activated, all I wanted was confirmation with instructions from reply #53. I cannot continue with any help unless your OS is fully licensed and Activated.

Your best option is to contact the Microsoft Community, post the MGA log and seek advice/help....

Link here:  http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install?tm=1363341333793&auth=1