New definitions exception

Hi:

Are you sure that's a legitimate Flash Player version?

Where did you download it?
The file name doesn't look right, especially since the current public release is 11.8.800.xxx.

I'm guessing that the staff/experts will likely suggest that you please follow the recommendations in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into this.

daledoc1

Hi Alice

Just click on the left check box and then tell the program to remove it.

Thanks

Thank you.

I ran a Quick scan and that one exception (pup) showed up. I then clicked the box to the left of the exception and clicked on the "remove this item."

I then ran a Quick scan again and nothing was found.

Should I have done a "Full" scan, or was a Quick scan good enough (to make sure the exception pup was deleted)?\

Hi: :)

A Quick scan is usually sufficient.
Full scans are only needed in rare instances when cleaning up a badly infected computer.

This article explains things about the scan types: What is the difference between the three scan types in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

Having said that, some malware requires the use of more than one tool for complete removal.

We don't do that sort of work in this particular area of the forum.

So, if you would like free help to make sure that all malware traces are gone, please follow the recommendations in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
A malware analyst will guide you through the scanning and cleanup process.

Thanks,

daledoc1

P.S. FWIW, this would not be called a "definition exception". This is more accurately referred to as a malware DETECTION, and a correct one at that. :)

Also, there is only one SAFE source to download Adobe Flash Player -- http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ To avoid picking up malware like this again, it would be a good idea to avoid any other sites offering Flash Player.