Shortcut Keys for MBAM Console

Hi all,

I've been running MBAM Pro since last September.  It's a good "2nd-opinion" tool that I use to compliment Norton AV. 

I run a scheduled unattended daily (overnight) full scan which has been running without issue.

I'm a keyboard shortcut PC user and don't often use the mouse on my PC.

Does MBAM have shortcut keys available for use with the main console?

In other words, I'd like to be able to select one of the tabs ("Scanner", Protection", "Update", etc) with the keyboard in a way that's similar to switching the tabs in a browser with <ctrl> tab such as IE, or selecting tabs within an Excel file with <ctrl> page up/down .

Hello and :welcome:

I am not on the Malwarebytes staff nor development team, but as far as I know there are no keyboard shortcuts available. If I am wrong I am sure one of the staff folks will chime in....

2r7nfdh.jpg for the welcome.  Cool emote there :)

My guess was the same about the shortcut keys answer.  If I wasn't a keyboard "geek" I wouldn't have thought about it in the MBAM console :lol:

Every so often, I can't use some shortcut keys, as with some Windows that are open, Task Scheduler, Disk Manager within Windows.

I've been reading about general MBAM info over at the Norton forum.  They have a MBAM section which I like to visit frequently as I'm running Norton AV along with MBAM Pro.

I run a scheduled unattended daily (overnight) full scan

Hi:

I'll defer to the experts and staff about keyboard shortcuts, but I thought I would mention that daily Full scans with MBAM are neither necessary, nor recommended.  Quick scans are sufficient in most routine cases, as explained here:

What is the difference between the three scan types in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

and here:

...we always recommend the Quick Scan over the Full Scan as it is quite comprehensive and is designed to look in every location where infections are known to hide. http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=111858&view=findpost&p=565867

Just sayin'. :)

Cheers,

daledoc1

Hi:

I'll defer to the experts and staff about keyboard shortcuts, but I thought I would mention that daily Full scans with MBAM are neither necessary, nor recommended.  Quick scans are sufficient in most routine cases, as explained here:

What is the difference between the three scan types in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

and here:

Just sayin'. :)

Cheers,

daledoc1

Thanks for the scanner info.  I think I'll edit my scheduler and run the Quick Scan daily/overnight and maybe run a Full Scan weekly.

Just to add.... not to mention the wear and tear your putting on your hard drive running a full scan daily....

That's a good point.  I've considered that point when I was running overnight full scans with my previous AV tool.

One reason that I'm not as concerned about the HDD wear is that, due to my cloning scheme, I always run on what I refer to as my "A" HDD which I always re-install after I complete my cloning process.

After I clone, I test the "Target" HDD (my "B" HDD), boot up, and run it for a few minutes to insure that it's a working spare.  Then I re-install my "A" HDD and run with that one until my next cloning (every 4 weeks).

In that way, my "A" HDD gets the bulk of the wear in the event of a HDD issue develops related to age/hours in use.

The cloned spare is ready with minimum use-hours when or if I need to replace my original HDD.

I also have a 3rd spare HDD that's more of a failsafe in case I have a undetected intrusion that doesn't manifest itself until several weeks elapse.

I've been fortunate over the years with HDD's.  As yet I've not encountered a HDD failure in my PC's.

daledoc1 & Firefox

Thanks for the advice t8nbpt.jpg

Your quite welcome, glad we could help... sounds like you got a good plan going with your HDD's....

defit.jpg  It's more about me being lazy :D since I'd rather plug in the spare HDD vs spending time cleaning/recovering an infected HDD.

I have 2 of these installed in my Desktop tower.  It makes cloning or imaging a lot easier and saves time.

Amazon link:  Kingwin KF-1000 Hot-Swap SATA Tray