Computer wouldn't reboot normally after threat removal

Yesterday I ran a quick scan, on my Win XP Pro SP3 computer. And mbam detected two threats. I was told that I needed to reboot to complete the cleaning process.  But my computer became "stuck" in the reboot process and my log-in screen wouldn't appear. Just the Microsoft screen with the progress bar.

After about 20 minutes without a full reboot, I turned off the computer, and turned on 5- minutes later.

The the screen appeared asking me to choose between safe boot and booting to the last know good configuration. I choose the later and my computer booted normally.

I then checked the infected areas and the malware had been removed , but the threats were not in Quarantine, apparently they were deleted.

I'm grateful to  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for protecting my computer, but I'm wondering what caused my computer to be stuck in the reboot cycle after being cleaned.

Thanks.

mbam-log-2013-09-25 (11-35-49).txt

Hello and welcome, leoliver: :)

Sorry you are having performance problems after malware removal.

I would suggest that you please follow the recommendations in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
A malware analyst will help you to get cleaned up and to repair the damage from the infection.

>>If you are unable to run the requested preliminary DDS scan at the moment, then please start a new topic in the malware removal section >>HERE<< anyway. The helpers will have some additional tools to use to help get you back up and running.

Thanks,

daledoc1