MBAM Definition Update Crashing the PC

Hi MBAM Team,

Man I didn't think this can happen to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) ... but since Sept 19, 2013 every time I update MBAM Definition and Turn Off my Gateway M-6862 laptop with Vista Home Prem. X64, SP2 ... and restart it ... the laptop goes into Safe Mode Start-up and ask to be Fixed ... so, I let it run thru Restore ... and after it picks the Restore back on 09/19/13 then it starts A-OK.

And as you everything past 09/19/13 that was Downloaded goes Bye Bye.

Well, I got tired of messing with MBAM ... so, I Completely Unistalled it using Revo-Uninstaller 1.95 Free ... the most Aggressive Method and even Deleted all the Registry points that it found.

After that uninstall my laptop starts-up perfectly ... no Safe Start or Fix Command from the PC.

Q1: The reason I am posting this ... so, may be MBAM team can tell me/us ... what is going on with the INFECTED MBAM Definition Updates!?!?

Q2: Will there be a Fix to it?

Thanks,

G! :)

Q1: The reason I am posting this ... so, may be MBAM team can tell me/us ... what is going on with the INFECTED MBAM Definition Updates!?!?

Q2: Will there be a Fix to it?

Thanks,

There are no INFECTED MBAM definition updates as you state, if there were, there would be millions of folks affected by this. We need to get more info on your computer to see if we can get to the bottom of this.....

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool.

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
  • DDS.txt
  • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply as an attachment: DDS.txt and Attach.txt

You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file

Hi Firefox,

I disabled Avira, disabled and closed Comodo FW, Closed WinPatrol, Disabled my Scripts in FireFox Browser, Checked Windows Security to make sure nothing is Running ... only UAC and Internet Secuity Settings were Green.

I tried running dds.scr and dds.com ... neither one Created any logs ... I waited more than 5 minutes or so ... rebooted and tried again ... same problem NO reports.

Advise please!

Thanks!

G! :(

Hi Firefox,

I rebooted and went into Safe Mode with Internet Option ... and ran the DDS.SCR ... this time the DOS winodow Opened and Stayed open and ran the 2 Reports.

I should tell you though, when I was trying to run it in Normal PC mode ... DDS.com was saying is running in Silent Mode but even after 10 minutes there were No Reports.

Anyway, here are the 2 Text Files ... DDS.txt  and Attach.txt as you asked for.

Thanks!

dds.txt

attach.txt

• Root Admin

The logs show you have more than one antivirus running which is not good.  You should decide which one you want and fully remove the other one.

It also shows signs of an infection.

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

Thanks

Hi Advanced Setup (Admin),

I thought KI was running only one Antivirus, and that was AVIRA ... and Comodo only as FW.

Q1: Is Comodo HIPS considered to be a form of Antivirus!?!?

Q2: When you say have one of the Experts Assist you ... you mean I should Post under "Malware Removal Forum" Threads?

Thanks,

Hi Advanced Setup (Admin),

Q2: When you say have one of the Experts Assist you ... you mean I should Post under "Malware Removal Forum" Threads?

Until Ron returns.... Yes he means exactly that, that you get help from the experts by posting in the Malware Removal Forum =>HERE<= where the experts will get you going again and also address your issue with two antivirus programs. All other questions can be directed to the expert that takes your topic.

Thanks