Crashes on Initial Update

Hello everyone.

Back story:

I have been dealing with a pretty nasty trojan/virus/malware problem for a few weeks now.

I downloaded a program via bitTorrent (I know, I know. Terrible idea and I deserve what has happened to me). The program was an html editing program, which seemed to be working fine. Unfortunately, both sites I was working on became infected with a malicious line of javascript and stopped loading, prompting two calls from angry clients. I removed the javascripts from both sites and everything was working fine.

Then I noticed that the same IP address used in the javascript was now redirecting my Google search engine results to various search, p0rn, anti-virus and generic shopping sites. Here's where things get interesting ... I have tried to run the gammit of anti-virus cocktails to get rid of this(these) thing(s), to no avail.

I am currently being protected by Comodo Firewall, Ad-aware, Spybot and Avira AntiVir. I have run about a million full scans and rebooted into safe mode so many times that I have a severe migrain from looking at the horrible huge icons in 16-colors.

After a few dozen IE crashes at the mere whisper of Malwarebytes, I was able to download the program. Once I began installing it, I got to the 'Check for updates/Launch Malwarebytes' screen. When the update starts, the program crashes.

I am assuming that the malware is preventing me from running malwarebytes updates and probably will crash upon scanning as well, right?

Can someone please help me rid my system of this horrendous, malicious monster? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, I'm at work, so I'll have to post any logs tonight when I get home. If the malware will allow it, that is. :D

Hi folks and welcome to the MBAM forums :D

Please have use the following walkthrough as a guide>>>

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12709

And should you require more help then start a new topic in our HiJackThis help forums>>>

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=7

*Please read the pinned topic's at top of that forum first before starting a new topic there.

Update:

I booted the computer into safe mode, went to the SDFix folder and clicked RunThis.bat. Nothing happened.

After doing a little research on why the Command Prompt screen wouldn't open, I ended up using Run>command and voila! Command Prompt.

However, after getting to the SDFix folder and typing 'RunThis', I get a blue screen with the C:\SDFix\_ (blinking cursor) and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hate to say it, but I'm in this same boat. I will follow the instructions and if I have to, will start a new thread as the moderator suggested. I will say this, however, even without trying to update only malware, just surfing the net in either IE or firefox, will crash randomly. Hopefully this is the fix. :D