Free Version

whonew

I downloaded the Free Version of MBAM , and now it is prompting me to make a purchase, this is my husbands and I am not buying him the Malwarebyte's . I do have it on my computer the full version but not his. Does the Free Version Still work? This one in this computer will not work and showed 3 bad items but would not allow me to remove or even see the log. How do I remove all of MBAM so he can just use the free one for now, if that is still available

Thank you

• Root Admin

Please show a screen shot.  I'm betting that you installed something else as our program does not have a nag screen to purchase the product.

You can also run this on the computer and post back the log so we can see what's up.

Please create an mbam-check log:

• Download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file
  • Please do not copy and paste the entire contents of the log into your next post, instead please attach the log CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop to your next post

I downloaded the Free Version of MBAM , and now it is prompting me to make a purchase,

Perhaps you are referring to the message informing you that the free trial of MBAM PRO has ended?

If so, there are instructions here:  I keep getting notified that my trial has expired, how do I revert to the free version?

Of course, a clean reinstall -- as AdvancedSetup recommended -- will also resolve that issue.

Just be sure to OPT-OUT of the MBAM PRO trial if it is offered during the set-up wizard when you reinstall.

To do this, be sure to UN-tick the item shown in this screen shot, if you want to stay with ONLY the Free version.

WANUb9G.png

Please be sure to follow the rest of AdvancedSetup's suggestions, especially those for dealing with the items detected on the MBAM scan.

Hope this helps,

daledoc1

Yes, I think I may have left that checked the first time. I hope things go well now and think what baddie came from a fake Washington State site to apply for Obama Care medical and hope I did not put to much information on it . I just heard that announced about 4 hours ago on the Radio News,, Thanks again

• Root Admin

Okay well hopefully all is okay for you now.  Just remember you need to always have a skeptical eye on things you see or find on the Internet.  There are certainly some great deals and good information but mixed in with that there is often someone trying to take advantage of people as well.

Try to do a bit of research before opening or visiting sites that you're not certain of.