UPDATE BUTTON DISABLED

I been a user of Malwarebytes and always make it a point to download the free version of it on any pc i am using. However, lately I had downloaded the free version again to my notebook used at office. But I noticed that the update button is disabled. I can't do any update and the only option for me whenever I want to run Malwarebyte is to actually uninstall and reinstall the latest version and it will prompt me to check for latest update and update accordingly.

Am I missing something out, why can't I actually do the update though my notebook at home does not have this problem.

Hi, Matlock: :)

Welcome.

The reason is probably because you are logged in to Windows in a limited user account;

This KB topic explains the situation and how to resolve it:

I'm trying to update but the 'Check for Updates' button is grayed out or unable to be clicked, why?

Having said that, however, please note that the consumer version of MBAM is only for use on home computers, as per the EULA.

Use of MBAM on a work/business/corporate/educational/enterprise computer requires business licensing.

This is explained here: How can I legally use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in my Business or Corporate Entity (including Government, Education, & Non-Profit)?

Hope this helps, :)

daledoc1

Hi, Matlock: :)

Welcome.

The reason is probably because you are logged in to Windows in a limited user account;

This KB topic explains the situation and how to resolve it:

I'm trying to update but the 'Check for Updates' button is grayed out or unable to be clicked, why?

Having said that, however, please note that the consumer version of MBAM is only for use on home computers, as per the EULA.

Use of MBAM on a work/business/corporate/educational/enterprise computer requires business licensing.

This is explained here: How can I legally use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in my Business or Corporate Entity (including Government, Education, & Non-Profit)?

Hope this helps, :)

daledoc1

Hi daledoc1 thanks for the guidance, matter resolved by clicking on "run as administrator". :)

Hi daledoc1 thanks for the guidance, matter resolved by clicking on "run as administrator". :)

Great!

Yes, if you install it from an Admin account, then all the features will be enabled (including updating).

Otherwise, you need to "Run as Adminstrator".

And, for the PRO version, tasks (such as updating and scanning) can be scheduled to run silently from the system account, if it is installed from an Admin account, as designed.

Ooops I guess I have to uninstalled my version of Malwarebyte from my office comp :(

Well, I am not an MBAM employee, but it's my understanding that, to comply with the EULA, you really need business licensing to run MBAM on your work computer.

You can contact the team here to get that sorted out: http://www.malwarebytes.org/business/licensing/

Best regards,

daledoc1