Windows Udate:

fizzysparkle

:angry2::angry: Please can anybody help with the problems I am experiencing with my PC: OS/Windows 7 64Bit

Windows Update installs "new" updates every time I shut down computer, however, I believe these updates have previously been installed.

Mouse: Double clicking on folders or files does not immediately open item, several attempts required. Cursor: appears to be sticky/jumpy/slow on screen even though I've changed battery.

Monitor: Randomly goes into "sleep mode" until I move mouse or click on keyboard.

As is always recommended: I have scanned the whole of my PC - nothing detrimental found.

I am just about pulling my hair out trying to find out what is happening and would be very grateful for all advice received. Thank you in anticipation.

:wacko::unsure::blink:

Hi:

There are literally 1000s of posts at the MS forums & other sites about this, assuming these are the 3 updates to which you are referring?

They are specific to Office 2007, across all versions of Windows (XP to 8.1).

(There is a separate, unrelated problem with one of the patches for Outlook on Windows 8.1.)

MS is aware.

No word yet on a fix, but one can only presume one is in the works.

As David suggests, once you confirm that they are installed, you can hide them for now as a workaround until the permanent fix is released.

Or, you can just set your WSUS settings to "notify but not install" and ignore the notification of their availability.

OR, are you having a DIFFERENT problem with DIFFERENT updates? :)

HTH,

daledoc1

Hi:

There are literally 1000s of posts at the MS forums & other sites about this, assuming these are the 3 updates to which you are referring?

They are specific to Office 2007, across all versions of Windows (XP to 8.1).

(There is a separate, unrelated problem with one of the patches for Outlook on Windows 8.1.)

MS is aware.

No word yet on a fix, but one can only presume one is in the works.

As David suggests, once you confirm that they are installed, you can hide them for now as a workaround until the permanent fix is released.

Or, you can just set your WSUS settings to "notify but not install" and ignore the notification of their availability.

OR, are you having a DIFFERENT problem with DIFFERENT updates? :)

HTH,

daledoc1

Hi, I had the same issue and as David says just mark them as 'hidden'.

Hi, hotshot21:

Welcome. :)

Actually, there is no need to hide these 3 particular updates any longer (and several of the other problematic ones).

M$ issued corrected versions of most of them (and pulled one or two others).

There are 100s of posts in this topic  (and several dozen other, similar threads at answers.microsoft.com) that a fix has been issued for the 3 Office 2007 patches.

And, from TechNet: September 2013 Office Update: Targeting and Repeated Offering

So, if you just run a manual "check for updates", you should now be told that you are up to date.

I can confirm that it appears to be fixed on the 2 of my 3 rigs affected by the 3 defective Office 2007 patches.

Of course, you may be referring to other, bad patches or to a different scenario (there were many problems with last week's Patch Tuesday offerings).

Thanks!

daledoc1

Hi, hotshot21:

Welcome. :)

Actually, there is no need to hide these 3 particular updates any longer (and several of the other problematic ones).

M$ issued corrected versions of most of them (and pulled one or two others).

There are 100s of posts in this topic  (and several dozen other, similar threads at answers.microsoft.com) that a fix has been issued for the 3 Office 2007 patches.

And, from TechNet: September 2013 Office Update: Targeting and Repeated Offering

So, if you just run a manual "check for updates", you should now be told that you are up to date.

I can confirm that it appears to be fixed on the 2 of my 3 rigs affected by the 3 defective Office 2007 patches.

Of course, you may be referring to other, bad patches or to a different scenario (there were many problems with last week's Patch Tuesday offerings).

Thanks!

daledoc1

Ha!  Your right, just tried it, thanks very much for letting me know.  As you know I am a new member of yhis forum, but already find it useful, again thanks.

Hi, hotshot21:

You are most welcome.

Yes, last week's Patch Tuesday was a bit of a mess -- there were so many bad patches, it was hard to keep track.

Enjoy your stay here at the forum.

Regards,

daledoc1

PS There's no need to use the "Quote" button for routine replies to forum threads :) . It does make it a bit harder to read and follow. ;)   I would suggest that you just use the "Post" button after you type your reply in the message window, or the "More Reply Options" if you need more features, such as adding an attachment.  Cheers!

Hello and :welcome:

Welcome hotshot21 and enjoy your stay here, there is lots to see and learn here. We do not tend to use the Quote function unless its absolutely needed, it just makes it easier to follow and read the topics without too much clutter.

As for editing your posts, due to abuse this function has been disabled to new members until you reach a post count of 100. That being said, do not attempt to flood the forum with posts just to increase your post count as that can lead to warnings and/or a ban....