Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit problems

I just did a clean install of windows 7. I then installed malwarebytes anti-malware and anti-rootkit. The Malwarebytes anti-malware opens perfectly fine. It updates and scans well. The anti-rootkit is causing me problems however. It doesn't open at all. I tried opening as administrator but all it does is have a loading icon, then a few seconds later freezes my whole computer. I can't control+alt+delete or move my mouse at all. Everything is just frozen. Malwarebytes anti-malware didn't detect any issues either.

Hi, davchun:

Until the experts and staff weigh in...

Just curious as to why you would install MBAR BETA on a fresh install of Windows? :unsure:

First, it's a beta product designed for use with expert help from a trained malware analyst, not for casual home use: Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA
Second, neither MBAM nor MBAR is an anti-virus (AV) and neither is a substitute for an AV: Does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware replace antivirus software?
You didn't mention whether you have a robust, real-time AV installed on the system, in addition to MBAM?

In any event, if you think you might be infected or need another assistance, I would suggest that you please follow the recommendations in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.

A qualified helper will assist you with sorting this out.

I'm sure the staff and expert members will have some additional, more specific advice for you.

Either way, I expect they'll need to see a few diagnostic scan logs to determine what's causing the problem.

Thanks for your patience,

daledoc1

• 2 months later...

I am having the same problem davchun! I double click on mbar it does the extracting but does not open up. I am running Windows 7. I have a Antivirus running and a Botnet software running that detects Botnets. Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit works fine on Windows XP. Thank you!

As everyone's computer is different, its best to start your own topic follow the same instructions a by Daledoc1 to ensure your computer is not infected....