Anti-Rootkit BETA Unable to remove MBR.Harbinger

Help

My other computer was hit with the FBI virus.  I began the process of removing that junk.  I purchased your Malwarebytes AntiMalware program and Trend Micro's Titanium Maximum security.

I beat the FBI virus.  I used Malwarebytes to remove the other items that were there.  (I also froze my accounts and changed passwords at the institution itself).  I used the Anti rootkit and it found MBR.harbinger and a copied MBR physical sector.

I ran the anti-rootkit program.  The program ran for two hours, stating cleaning, and did not change.  I resarted the machine and re-ran the program with the same results.   

Am I not waiting long enough for the program to fix the issues?

I installed Tend Micro and the program forced me to unistall your program.  That program found some issues and fixed them.  However, I was still being spammed from external websites.  Trend Micro stated I should use there reboot program.  It found nothing, even though their windows system stated I need to run the boot program.  (They also stated during a chat session I don't need to use any other anti-virus software, disappointing).

I ran a Norton internet scanner and it found and eliminated WOW64.  After that my windows defender started working by itself. 

Currently, I have re-installed Malware bytes and am running a full scan.  It stated It has found one issue.  I am waiting for the scan to complete, at this time.

When the anti-rootkit runs, it states it can't access my windows system files, they may be encrypted.

I am running Windows 7, x64

Thanks,

Stubby

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

Being that you are probably still infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you