Provide Option to Limit CPU Usage During Manual & Scheduled Scans

clc

Please provide an option for both manual and scheduled scans to limit CPU usage to a certain percent.

I have a highly overclocked notebook (manufacture OC'd to 4.4) that I use for my biz, and it can heat up with a long scan.  Microsoft Security Essentials allows me to set the CPU usage to a level that doesn't overly heat up my processor in their scheduled scan options (although not so with manual scans). 

Thanks for your help,

Curtis

Scheduled updates and scans are a must if your using the PRO version, this will greatly reduce your chances of getting infected as well as detecting stuff that may have snuck through before and update was rolled out that now detects a malware.

As for the time it takes, if your running a full scheduled scan all the time then that is not really needed. Do scheduled quick scans daily and they those should not take too long on your over clocked computer.

Hi, clc:

In addition to what Firefox advises re: system security, scheduled tasks (both updates and scans) are also important if there are multiple users on the computer.

The tasks can be scheduled by the user with the Administrative privileges, so that they will occur even when other users with Limited privileges are logged in on the computer.

Cheers,

daledoc1