JereBear

Hello,

I have a website at www.JereBear.tk which has suddenly/somehow gotten itself on the blocked websites list... well, sort of. My website's IP is not actually what is blocked, it is an IP address belonging to my hosting provider, and as such I am a little concerned. If my site had become infected with malware, that would be one thing, but I'm not sure how my provider has made the blocklist. Here is some more info that might help.

The IP in question is 31.170.162.200. MBAM reports that the connection was on port 1062. My hosting provider is 000webhost, AKA Hosting24. This seemed to come up out of nowhere... If this is a false positive, please remove it from your list. In case this is not a false positive, I will be reporting the issue to my provider as well.

Please let me know what you can figure out. Thanks!

I should probably add that there is some element on my website (I believe its their analytics tracking code) that is making the request to this IP. So my site really has nothing to do with it, it's just been flagged somehow and thus my site doesnt load with MBAM's website blocker turned on. I ran some web scanners on my site just to be sure though, and that hasn't turned up anything.

Also, sorry for the double post.. I dont think I can edit the original.

So my webhost has been phishing for passwords, or they've been hacked? ...or is there something going on with my website? I currently advertise with Malwarebytes on my site and reccommend the product to all of my customers, so if my webhost is going to be causing problems for MBAM users who try to access my website, I would like to know so that I can change providers. If it is something going on with my site itself, that's something I would like to address as well.

Is there any way you can tell where the phishing attemps are actually coming from? Ive been scanning rigorously, so Im thinking its not my site and the solution could be as smooth as a simple site transplant. Thanks in advance.

So my webhost has been phishing for passwords, or they've been hacked? ...or is there something going on with my website? I currently advertise with Malwarebytes on my site and reccommend the product to all of my customers, so if my webhost is going to be causing problems for MBAM users who try to access my website, I would like to know so that I can change providers. If it is something going on with my site itself, that's something I would like to address as well.

Is there any way you can tell where the phishing attemps are actually coming from? Ive been scanning rigorously, so Im thinking its not my site and the solution could be as smooth as a simple site transplant. Thanks in advance.

Not quite, no. Your host has not been phished or hacked. Your host is however, continuing to permit customers housing of phishing and other malicious content, and it is this that is the reason for the IPs blacklisting (main-hosting.com over-all, was fantastic at taking down content such as this, but this specific IP has continued to have a history of such behaviour).

As mentioned, this is nothing to do with your site, but with the other sites on the IP (e.g. service-runescape-topic-219495354.com).

Rather curiously however, all except one of the cases (Runescape phish) appear to have rather quickly moved elsewhere (were re-checked a few hours ago and still on this IP, now moved to another IP owned by the same host). As such, there's no long enough to warrant the continued blocking of 31.170.162.200, so this will be unblocked on the next update (though given its history, will continue to be monitored).