Synaptics touchpad malfunctioning and battery whilst plugged in

MaZza_rA

Hi there

A few days ago my Synaptics touchpad started to malfunction and my computer was really laggy, for example when hovering over links or things in my toolbar it would not highlight the item for a while til it seemed the pc was ready...  My main concern was that the touchpad was not doing what it was supposed to; when scrolling it would not release the scroll bar when I let go of the button, it was not selecting the things I clicked on etc..

After looking at advice online I found a lot of other people seemed to be having the same problem with Synaptics touchpads..  As recommended by others I changed the settings to left-handed which means I can at least browse the net and I can use Photoshop to a certain degree although it is difficult and I've learnt a hell of a lot of new shortcuts since!  

I think that it is the left button which has stopped working however the touchpad seems to behave strangely, most of the time (it won't let me tap to click even though I selected that option in my touchpad settings etc)

Ok so anyway I have been struggling along with the ridiculousness that is my touchpad for about a week now.... Until today, I unplugged my charger and my laptop went dead... Checked the lead connection etc not that....   Now it just says 8% available & charging constantly, it obviously is NOT charging and even after being plugged in for hours still turns off every time I unplug it!?!?  

My laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6-6b50sa which, after reading about it online, seems to have a heapload of issues and one of the most common ones seems to be overheating.. Do you guys think that might be what the problem is??  It just seems like my machine is falling apart piece by piece!!! :'(

I'm sorry for the long rambling post!  I really appreciate any help people can offer!  I'm a poor & struggling artist & if I lose my laptop I will be devastated (really can't afford another one!!)  :'(  Terrified right now!

• Root Admin

Yes, this is the correct forum.

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop
dds.scr
dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.
How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.
Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool.
Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.
A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply as an attachment: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
  • You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file and just post it or attach it.

• Root Admin

Well the computer is infected with at least some PUP (Possibly Unwanted Programs) and may potentially have malware on it.

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

Once they've helped you clean up the box if you're still having issue the come back and let us know, but for now please have someone help you clean the box in that other forum.

Basically just start a new topic as requested and post those same DDS logs.

Thank you

Some additional info on my machine:

I've been running my pc without any AV software for about the last 6 months... All I have been using is Windows Firewall and Spybot (I did this because I found AVG seemed to be causing my pc a lot of issues and just generally slowing it down)..  I know the internet pretty well and don't visit sites I consider to be a threat (I only really visit the usual social networks, my portfolio site & online news & magazines) so I decided to do away with it..

Anyway today I decided to D.L & re-install AVG - 4 mid-level threats (ad-ware) were found and dealt with, that was all...

I also read the "Slow PC? - Start here" thread by exile and did everything listed there apart from configure system restore & run chkdsk (only because it is currently completing the recommended batch file defrag...  This seems to have made my pc run slightly smoother than earlier today but has not rectified the situation.

Also, as far as I'm aware, the machine has no unnecessary or untrusted software installed on it.. No games etc, just Photoshop, Skype, Chrome etc x

"I've been running my pc without any AV software for about the last 6 months..."

"I know the internet pretty well and don't visit sites I consider to be a threat (I only really visit the usual social networks, my portfolio site & online news & magazines) so I decided to do away with it.."

:huh::blink::o

as you may have become aware of ... this is false hope and like the little boy whistling in the dark and saying to himself ; "nope , there aint no monsters here ..." .

while you may not consider certain sites to be a threat ... this is not a fact that is etched in stone .

as an example , my gf had been visiting a certain "cooking/recipe" site for a few months ... no problems .

one day she said "can you take a look at his ..." , i took a look at her monitor ... ESET had flagged and tagged the site and put the skids to it .

it was valid ... turns out the site had been "hacked-n-hijacked" (for lack of better terminology) and malicious redirects had been injected .

on a personal note , those "social sites" are a good place to pick up "diseases" ...

much akin to certain other (-*ahem*-) "analogous situations" .

once you get the all clear from the assigned expert over in the HJT area ... post back with a new topic and maybe we can figure out why your comp is on the slow side .

(post the specs of your machine)