Why affiliate with cnet? They're the reason I came to you for help?!

MikeyMikes

Hi 

I bought a new laptop which cost over £1000 of my hard earned savings.  A few weeks ago I downloaded IObit Uninstaller from cnet believing that they were safe.  When downloading the software I said no to all the free toolbars and other nonsense.  Shortly after which my laptop started to behave very differently.  Surely cnet haven't bundled spy and adware onto my new laptop without my consent? Yes! That's exactly what they had done.

After hours of searching online I found out about Malwarebytes, great, I thought, a group of human beings who are doing something to combat what these unscrupulous and amoral people have done to my new laptop behind my back.  Only to find out later that you are in partnership with the very same people that inflicted the injury that I came to you for help with?!  

If cnet would do that to people behind their back, then how can you believe anything they tell you? 

I am both baffled and annoyed by this.  

Kind regards, Mike

Because C/Net is barred from bundling other 'wares with Malwarebytes.

You should be MORE concerned about installing IObit software. A Chinese company who plagiarizes software !

Reference:
IOBit Steals Malwarebytes' Intellectual Property
IOBit Theft Conclusion

If cnet would do that to people behind their back, then how can you believe anything they tell you? 

I am both baffled and annoyed by this.

CNet is not installing a "Wrapper" with any Malwarebytes programs as they do with other programs.

Our stand is for people not to use CNet as a regular download site these days.

Thank You -

I use Singular Labs Item #17 IObit > Info > Tool to remove IObit rather than CNet version - 

Hi, MikeyMikes:

The other members have explained why CNET is a mirror site. :)

There are quite a few alternatives, if you prefer.
(My own preference is for bleepingcomputer.com.)

Where can I download the latest version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

Cheers,

daledoc1